Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i

Hi Count Pierre,

You will have a head start with using the dfx. Its a great detector and you will cotton on to it no worries.

From down under in Oz.:cheers:

If you have them both you may have a tendency to fall back to the DFX...I did. Once I started to truly learn the new machine all that was over...force yourself to stick mostly with the V3i and only use the DFX if you are a ways from home and your in a hot spot. (That will change soon enough.)

I upgraded from the DFX to a V3i a little over 1 1/2 years ago. It's a new ballgame in the sense it is going to be a new detector for you. You have the experience from using the DFX to transition in to the V3i very smoothly. Word of caution, I'm sure you have tried and used other's posted programs with the DFX. The same will be true with your V3i. I have inputed Magic's program almost immediately and make small adjustments for my ground conditions. I use it extensively and the results prove it is a keeper. I also would suggest and recommend adding some V rated coils to your arsenal. Learn your machine by using it in all different conditions. Learn what it is telling you. Trust what it is telling you. I believe you are going to be blown away by the results. My DFX is now my #3 backup and it rarely gets out. One thing for certain, where you want to go others on this forum have been there. They are here to help you become a better detectorist. Above all have fun and happy hunting.

I agree with Firststring. Although I also believe that at certain sights, for me, the DFX performs better. Last week, using the V3i, I encountered an old homesight with heavy, HEAVEY trash. I managed to coax a few old wheat cents out of that sight but today I will take the old DFX out of moth balls and try 2 filters, the 4X6 coil with DCPhase on. A different tool for a different job...

Have fun!

Happy Hunting
Blind Squirrel