Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i

Nodrog58

What do you guys think about the mx sport. Also I’m using polar plot on my v3i am I missing good targets?

It's possible that you are missing some good targets. I rely, primarily, on the audio and then the signagraph followed by, in pinpoint mode, the 3 bars indicating the strongest frequency of the target. That's the simplest analyze mode for me. Keep in mind that on deeper targets the analyze mode can be less accurate. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I've thought about buying one as a second detector. I love the V3i, but after a couple of hours, it starts to get heavy! I have a special built hip mount XLT as a backup, for now, so I think I'll spend $30 on some kind of support sling for the V3i and save the money up for when Whites releases a new lighter V3i, you know they have to be working on it.

You not kidding it is heavy. I bought a smaller coil but haven’t tried it yet. Eclipse 4/6. Not sure how to change settings for the smaller coil.

Nodrog58 said:
You not kidding it is heavy. I bought a smaller coil but haven’t tried it yet. Eclipse 4/6. Not sure how to change settings for the smaller coil.

I'd just leave it set to the 10DD coil. The VDI's will probably be closer than if you selected the 12".

If you are looking for a lighter detector, I wouldn't get the MXSport. It is just as heavy as the V3i. I would go with the MX7 instead of the Sport if you are wanting a lighter detector and don't need a waterproof detector.

dingode said:
I've thought about buying one as a second detector. I love the V3i, but after a couple of hours, it starts to get heavy! I have a special built hip mount XLT as a backup, for now, so I think I'll spend $30 on some kind of support sling for the V3i and save the money up for when Whites releases a new lighter V3i, you know they have to be working on it.

Buy li ion batts, problem solved