Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3's coil

I seem to be having a problem finding where the pinpoint is on the coil that came with the V3, I assume its in the center but one time it appears to be on the front of the coil and then the next time not, but when I switch coils I have know problem, has anyone had this problem with there coil

Make sure you're pinpointing from two different directions, on an imaginary "X" over the target.. The target will be where the strongest signals on the two lines meet. On mine, with VCO turned on, when I pinpint, the target will be right under where the stem attaches to the coil.

robertk is right. The stock coil is a "DD" type coil so to pinpoint the target sweep your coil back and forth to determine the point where the coil is directly over the target. Then, while your coil is over that point, move 90 degrees to the side and repeat the process. The point where the target lines up under the center of the coil in both positions is your targets center point.

If your other coils are teh concentric type coils (non-dd) then you can pinpoint from just one position.

Turning on your VCO can be a big help in pinpointing with either type of coil.

robertk said:
On mine, with VCO turned on, when I pinpint, the target will be right under where the stem attaches to the coil.

Mine too,its very accurate.Ive always heard that DD coils are harder to pinpoint with,but I havent experienced that with this coil.

DD coil is not harder to pinpoint , Just takes a second step , its a different technique.

if your still having Pinpointing Issue's, you might want to Enable Ratchet Pinpoint, as this aids in pinpointing, by default it's turned off. Once you get better a PP you can turn it back off

HOW CAN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM??????

Put a coin down and LOOK at it! Pin point it---DONE

Place a coin on a piece of cardboard---OFF CENTER! Tape in place!

Now turn cardboard over and spin it on the ground You don't know were the target is. NOW play with your detector and pinpoint till you learn that sweet spot ;-)

Have Fun
Jerry

After you get the pinpoint down...Place other targets on the cardboard---like a pull tab or bottle cap.

Then try to pick the GOOD target from the BAD!!! It can be FUN

Jerry

Jerry I work in a park that was flooded in 1972 plus it was beer tabs central since before that, its the coil I wasn't use to I usually use a 6 x 10 ( from my DFX ) and have found everything from tack heads at fourteen inches to fuse boxes at 2' , I'll play around with the D2 more, its all fun to me. anything old in this park is at least 6 inches down if not deeper, thanks no problem here:beers:

I am sure you will get it. But A lot of others just don't take the time to test a new coil out. Just a few times out with the cardboard test and they learn the coil and detector too.

Good Luck
Jerry