Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V4.1 Ground Mineralization Number not showing

Okierick

I just updated to official V4.1 from the XP site. When I used my detector today, the ground mineralization number was not displayed. Makes it impossible to ground balance. How do I get this number to display? Thanks

This is normal
If a strong ground signal is not received by the Deus the numerical ground display will now show - - and the ground balance will default to 88.
This is also the case if the coil is motionless for a short time, once the coil is in motion again the ground numbers will resume, providing there is a strong enough signal.

*Note: Earlier Deus software versions had a fixed ground sensitivity of around 10 so if you wish to see random numbers use a high setting. Just be aware if tracking is used the machine will track to these random numbers.

Many thanks.

Gary, that post is so confusing; I don't understand. For instance, if I want to run my Deus 3 points above the actual ground value, how do I know what the ground value is? Am I missing something? That change seems illogical to me.

Not confusing at all. If a number is not showing the ground signal is not strong enough to worry about. For ground that has a strong enough signal, a number will show.

But it says; "If a strong ground signal is not received by the Deus the numerical ground display will now show - - and the ground balance will default to 88."

So if no number displayed use the 88 as a reference and dial back a few numbers in manual. Say 85 and hunt on.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Nothing to worry about, although I had gotten used to monitoring, on the previous versions. .

I noticed eratic activity yesterday while detecting. It was pulsating like being near an electric fence. I tried differing frequencies and shifting in between. This is after the 4.1 update. I was told to check the Ground Sensitivity. I never use tracking but I did notice the sensitivity level being at 6. It seemed that this was a preset number. I think that the manual says that 1 to 5 is recommended. Thanks.....

An unfortunate typo. Should have said "not". Try this:

New menu addition “Ground Sensitivity” in GB > EXPERT.
This new setting makes it possible to adjust the machine's ability to track soils according to their intensity. This makes it possible to avoid tracking on soils with a low mineralisation.

GROUND SENS low (1 to 5):
Slightly mineralized soils are ignored and the DEUS does not track and will not display ground values, the Deus will default to the recommended level.
GROUND SENS high (6 to 10):
The DEUS will track even low mineralized soils.

Note: Do not be tempted to adjust the “GROUND SENS” too high as this may introduce more instability and false ground readings. Levels of 1 to 5 are recommended, they will give you better stability over the V4.0.

Ø Ground Display and Ground Tracking:
Ground measurement display:
If the DEUS does not register a ground effect for 7 seconds or receives a level lower than the set “GROUND SENS” for more than 7 seconds it will now display – –
Ground Tracking: If the DEUS no longer measures a suitable ground effect for 30 seconds it will default the tracking to a setting value of 88 for more stability.

For example the ground value will revert to default if: The soil is not mineralized enough or if the level of mineralization is lower than your set “GROUND SENS”, or simply if you stop detecting.
As soon as you resume detecting or if the soil becomes sufficiently mineralized again, the DEUS will continue to track the soil and the display will show the measured value.

Note: HF disks do not require software updates for the moment, they are ignored during the update.

I tried the detector this morn at the house. Quiet and smooth as can be. Must have been electrical interference.

Deus is what I call an EMI lover...
Dog fence, power lines, wifi routers the Deus will let you know when your around all these for free its an advanced feature :)

Thanks Strobing. Since 1974, I have always tried to steer clear of electric fences and power lines and, as for metal detectors, I think the Deus is the best I've ever used in that period of time. I have looked in this location with the Deus with no problems before 4.1. I tried differing frequencies and shifting between with no avail, but I did try the metal detector here at home this morning in my test garden and it was quite as a Church mouse. Must've been some kind of EMI. However, I am being totally honest-------these explanations of Ground Sensitivity are a little confusing.....Thanks and continue and try to explain.

Perhaps you are over thinking it Cookie.
The ground generates a signal which converts to a ground number on your screen.
Use the ground sensitivity to make the machine more or less sensitive to the ground signal.
High levels can cause false numbers, low levels can produce no numbers.
If you use tracking your machine will act on the produced numbers.
Low ground sensitivity settings will require a stronger ground signal to activate the numbers / tracking.
With this new feature the user has control over when the machine tracks.
I hope this helps, we will release a video soon.

Probably right, Gary I am able to figure one thing out. XP Deus, speaking of the company, is extremely fortunate to have you explaining their equipment. Thanks for the information and I'll be watching for the video.......

Thanks for your kind words, I hope you have a better understanding.
I still use a set manual GB of 88-90, sometimes simple is better.

so the ground sens was locked at 10 on the 1 to 10 scale before the V4.1 update ?

so if in mild ground set the ground sens at 4 ? and it will not track and default too 88 GB number and if I hit some high minerals at ground sens 4 it will give me the ground number where it used to be in V4 and also automatically go to tracking without any input from me?

I never used tracking before as I thought it was masking targets and ground is mild for the most part so run manual sens between 85 to 90 for most hunts.

was just a bit hard to understand how ground sens and GB were interacting think getting a handle on it now.

so why would I want to run ground sens at 10 is my last question.

thanks again XP and you guys for the help.

AJ

You are exactly right about the ground sensitivity, and yes an incorrect tracking can give false signals and mask the smaller targets.

"So why would I want to run ground sens at 10 is my last question"
That's a very good question too sir !
I am not an engineer but can only assume it is for those who want to use tracking over ground with virtually no mineralisation, some of my ground will not even activate the mineralisation bar, can I ever see myself using it at 10......No, I would rather just stick on manual 88 - 90 as I have done since day 1.

Have a play I would like to get some customer feedback.

So Gary,
Thanks for your support on this forum btw,

Seems folks when talking about this GB stuff here as far as V4.1, most folks are keying on tracking GB I think.

Manual GB this ground sensitvty setting is available too.
I will be comparing using 2 different Deus units both wearing 9" LF coils V4 vs V4.1, as far as when changing this ground sens setting on the v4.1 unit.

To see if ground noise is reduced on the v4.1 unit.
And to see if any target signal advantages can be heard comparing, both separating, unmasking and depth.

Both of these units will be dialed manually to same ground phase reading when comparing.
My ground btw tends to be in the medium minerlized classification.

Gary-B said:
You are exactly right about the ground sensitivity, and yes an incorrect tracking can give false signals and mask the smaller targets.

"So why would I want to run ground sens at 10 is my last question"
That's a very good question too sir !
I am not an engineer but can only assume it is for those who want to use tracking over ground with virtually no mineralisation, some of my ground will not even activate the mineralisation bar, can I ever see myself using it at 10......No, I would rather just stick on manual 88 - 90 as I have done since day 1.

Have a play I would like to get some customer feedback.

will have a fiddle when I get some time out there..

but I am with you keep it simple for the most part unless conditions dictate otherwise..

thanks again !

AJ