Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v4.1

Obviously lol
Just wondering if it's not giving any grief should i remove it, guess it would have done so by now????

Tony N (Michigan) said:
hairymonsterman said:
I've been using v4.1 the past few hunts with no issues, just wondering if i'm the only one??

Probably because you are very special. :blowup:

I have only seen one person post where maybe the beta version could have caused a problem.

But did the beta version really cause?
I will patiently wait for the real McCoy version.

Having my pin pointer lockup several times while detecting was driving me crazy so I gave beta 4.1 a try. I installed it yesterday exactly as instructed. It installed without any problems. I then gave it a test run it at a local park for a couple of hours. No problems at at all and the delays I was experiencing with the MI6 pinpointer have disappeared. :clapping:

I loaded it and it did not load in properly for whatever the reason. After using the Mi6 pin pointer the remote would switch back to the program but there would be no audio tone. I shut it down and restart it and it would work until I used the pointer again.and then I would lose audio from the program. Selections were lagged between program selections as well. I reloaded 4.0 and it was back to normal so seeing I was the only one who experienced any sort of problem, I reloaded it and it has worked like it should ever since .The only thing different is the pin point audio changed. Selections between programs and the Mi 6 pin pointer works without a hiccup or delay. The only thing I can contribute to the first failure was I did not have a fully charged components and my coils were not close to the update, don't know if it matters but seen the coils flash during that particular coil selection upgrades. Bought the elliptical coil, should have it Monday, am hoping all goes well when pairing it to the system.Maybe I am overloading remote as I have deus lite and full deus so 2 coils, 2 ws4 pucks, the remote, mi6 pointer and soon the HF elliptical coil and the 9" round HF soon to follow. Maybe I should source another remote maybe ?

I have no issues at all i suggest using it my pinpointer was dropping like crazy on 4.0 ans i got 6 hunts on 4.1 and not one issue

Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

hairymonsterman said:
Obviously lol
Just wondering if it's not giving any grief should i remove it, guess it would have done so by now????

Tony N (Michigan) said:
hairymonsterman said:
I've been using v4.1 the past few hunts with no issues, just wondering if i'm the only one??

Probably because you are very special. :blowup:

Tony,

By one of the many online definitions of beta software, it says that:
"A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to try under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing inhouse and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as a result.:

The file that is downloaded and one lets it setup on the PC desktop is called the DEUS UPDATE BETA and it's exclusively V4.1

Being a beta, it always comes with a caveat and hopefully with a reduced risk of problems. This was same case for DEUS UPDATE BETA 4.0 from 3.2.
Updating to that , at first, was also a beta and was a questionable option at the time as many, not all, fell fowl of not installing it correctly by using the instructions provided. That's what I read.
I think it can be said that at the time , beta 4.0 was a problem that got sorted out by the users and any issues through comments, some complaints saw the final official version of 4.0 being released.

It's not about fixing what isn't broke. It's more about addressing issues that may or may not have affected the way the XP DEUS was supposed to function , including hardware compatibility on previous updates.

I did need to revert back to 4.0 when I first installed 4.1 it last week as there were some problems. I found that by keeping the coils away from metal objects helps when the update is being installed, they were easily detected and installed. Maybe that's why the 9 inch coil was not seen when I first tried 4.1. If that's the case then It was me at fault with the instal.
Just this morning(my time on the West coast of Australia) I re installed beta 4.1 and it works perfectly, just like 4.0 but I took the chance with 4.1. It updated(installed) both the 9 and 11 inch and the WS4 seamlessly.

A backyard test shows it to works very well.
I can now say for sure that updating my XP DEUS to v4.1 has not affected the performance of my XP Deus on a test bed.

Hopefully, going to test it tomorrow in the field on a colonial site where there are some relics left though I think Explorer, Etrac, CTX3030 Deepstar PI and Goldscan 5c PI may have already cleaned it out.

Do you think it was because my battery charge was only half charged as full charge was recommended upon updating the version or do you think windows 10 had something to do with it. I kept getting an unknown device error when updating ?Like I said the update would work but was so slow, it took several seconds to switch programs from basic 1 to GMP and so on and then when using the pin pointer, it would lose audio when returned back to the program and then I would shut down and restart. the remote until the next target sequence. There was also a continuous loud cycling static noise that I never heard before from it. I deleted the program and then downloaded the 4.0 version as I didn't have it because my Deus came loaded with 4.0 and it worked so I reloaded 4.1 and it worked as well but I did have all of the components fully charged this time as I did for when loading version 4.0.I did not get the unknown device error like the first update produced ??? Also the first update process took twice as long as the other updates. I thought it was because the coils were further away when updating but I don't know a lot about update as it was the first time using the download. The second and third time updating ,everything loaded rather quickly compared to the first which did not work properly.I guess it's moot point as everything seems to work as it's suppose to now.

I had the program lose the audio again after using the Mi 6 pointer.It might be my pointer because I cannot get it to work like Gary's Mi 6 video in selecting different settings.I just use the remote to change the pointer settings.I did find a couple of silver dimes today so it wasn't a bad day despite my program continues to act up.Maybe I'll go back to 4.0 and see if the issue resolves itself.The next thing would be to send the pointer in and get it checked out.