Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V4 & 9" coil

Hobo lobo

After the v4 and the new coil arrive will the old 9 in. coil have any advantage in any situations over the new one?

I do not know the answer to the exact question. We were told during boot camp that once version 4 and the new coil are released the older coils will work just fin, however will not have all the functionality of version 4 and you will need the new coil for that

dw0378 said:
I do not know the answer to the exact question. We were told during boot camp that once version 4 and the new coil are released the older coils will work just fin, however will not have all the functionality of version 4 and you will need the new coil for that

Exactly right

As mentioned in the other posts here, the current coils (9", 11" and 11"x13") will all work once the V4.0 software is installed. The caveat is that some functions will be grayed out and not selectable. So if you are satisfied with the performance you have now, V4.0 will enhance the capabilities of the coils you already own and do so at no charge.

To gain some of the benefits that the new development activities will release in conjunction with V4.0, you will need to step up to a new coil but the beauty is that you can get what you need and use what you already have - for some, the new coil option may not be required - the software will be what they are looking for.

There are other things coming as well . . . . take my word for it when I say that . . . . . . .

[size=x-large]***** 2016 will be the year of XP *****[/size]

. . . . Stand by for one heck of a ride :twodetecting:

Andy Sabisch

Thank you for the update Andy...

Go ahead - Bring it on XP.

We're ready :)

Don't know much more than l did before. Not anxious to buy anouther coil just to find out it dosen't offer any advantage.

While many of you are raring to go with V4.0 and the coil, there is limited information that can be shared until the factory locks down exactly what features and items will be part of the upcoming release.

A little piece of paper called a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) limits what can be said before that time :veryangry: but there are things in the works that will change where XP fits in the metal detection market. For those that say there is nothing new anymore, simply repackaging, XP will change that opinion in a positive way.

To add some humor in light of the new Star Wars movie . . . .

[attachment 324521 Yoda.jpg]

The changes will be here soon enough . . . . :clapping:

Andy

yeah

Anticipation stinks LOL .. Can't wait till June for my second boot camp with a new update and hopefully finances will allow me to have the new coil too l!!!

When are you guys going to have a boot camp out in Sacramento? Instead of always having these out east! That's a bunch of bs if you ask me, having multiple boot camps in the same cities out east.

I jumped on board with the Deus several years ago when a lot of people had never heard of them or seen one. I can remember people stopping me at one of the national hunts just to look at the detector. From the first day I found things and I never really considered giving up this lightweight masterpiece. Would love to have a new one, just because my is getting old but so far, so good. No problems with my original unit that has seen a lot of hunting and battery recharges. Anxious as anyone to see the magic of V 4.0. No point in worrying about it, I am sure it will be a real plus to my detecting arsenal.

Don