Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Value of a couple of detectors

bsa70

Getting back into the hobby and selling a couple of detectors to get a new one. What is the going value of an older Bandido II and an Amigo. Both is the early version with the box under the pole, the amigo is in mint condition.

Been out of the hobby about 15 years and could not find any examples on the web...

Thanks Brian n NC

The Amigos usually run from 90 to 110 from what I have watched and have seen the older Banditos bring prices from 150 to 200 depending on condtion and also what it comes down to how bad someone wants one of these models. being the Bandito would be my choice of the two . Post them for what you want and go from there is the best thing to do

This is a thread from 2008 but that Bandito seemed to have a following even back then.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,836802

bsa70 said:
Getting back into the hobby and selling a couple of detectors to get a new one.
Welcome back! Too bad you've missed out on 15 years of having fun.

What type of detecting did you like to do before? What are your ideas for future sites to search? What are you after?

What detector do you plan to get? Why? What does it offer for the sites you plan to search that you don't get from the detectors you own now?

bsa70 said:
What is the going value of an older Bandido II and an Amigo. Both is the early version with the box under the pole, the amigo is in mint condition.
Physical condition and proper working condition are important. Right now I have 10 working detectors, depending on if I am 'city shooting' for coins at a park or school, out Gold Nugget Hunting, or mainly working old sites while Relic Hunting. Of my three all-time favorite Tesoro's, my Bandido II is the 'workhorse,' so to speak, and it is in almost showroom condition. I picked this one up last March or April for $175 .. and it is perfect condition.

Performance of this particular specimen puts it in the 'little bit better' category, and Tesoro's of old came that way new. I checked every detector I got in as a Tesoro Dealer to make sure they worked okay, and I thinned the hotter units for my own use when I found one that was zippier than what I was using at the time. I still use my Silver Sabre µMAX and Bandido II µMAX, but those two [size=small]micro[/size]MAX models were also in spotless condition. They usually take a break in my den.

The older Bandido II, [size=small](produced from 1/'93 to 9/'97)[/size] is always along on my travels with a 6" Concentric coil mounted. I use it anywhere I hunt because it can work anywhere I hunt. No, it doesn't have all the modern features with a display of information, target ID, Tone ID, automated Ground Balance, and a lot more ... but it works and works fine. I have friends who try and buy it from me, but there's no way I am selling it.

bsa70 said:
Been out of the hobby about 15 years and could not find any examples on the web...
Post a couple of photos to see its condition or e-mail some to me and I'll take a look. I have a brand new Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro that hasn't been used afield. I only took it and a couple of other detectors I bought out of their box to display at a seminar I gave. If you're Bandido II is pretty clean and decent and working well, I'll sell the Land Ranger Pro, MSRP $449, and buy it from you. I just don't want an ugly, beat-up detector as I pamper all my equipment.

Monte