Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish 540 vs Nokta The Legend

Getting opinions on detectors and coils is tough for a responder unless they know more about intended use, ground mineral environment, and type of site and anticipated type of trash. Therefore, having owned three or four ORX devices and all the elliptical or 9" coils, I will offer my views for my needs.

I really liked the ORX w/5X9 elliptical HF DD coil for hunting old sites I worked that had abundant Iron Nails, and the 'fringe areas' of ghost towns, homesteads, pioneer and military encampments, etc. I had my two favorite custom programs saved and was good-to-go. I also had the 9" X-35 DD coil and the 9" HF DD coil and used them for urban Coin Hunting in parks and some yard hunting. I did a little freshwater Beach Hunting but very little. The X35 coil was OK, but I preferred the HF coil due to the Frequency choices it provided.

Do I have one now? No, and here us why:

** A year ago I decided to trim out a lot if detectors and make adjustments to have no more than 10 models, if that.

** Due to worsened health and mobility, I had to shift from 85% Relic and 15% Coin Hunting to 15% Relic Hunting, if that, and 85% or more time to Coin Hunting. I favored other models for Coin Hunting.

** Even though I do use some detectors or headphones or wireless transmitters that need periodic charging, I did not like having to charge a control unit AND headphones AND search coil of one model that had a coil that ran down faster than the other two components.

Things just didn't suit me and my hunt style and sites. Still, for many I do believe the ORX is a very good detector for many applications, but some detectors had to go and I had a few favorites that had to stay and a little room for a few more. No room for an ORX.

Monte
One thing that i was not crazy about with the new detectors is enclosed rechargeable batteries.
You can not use some of the features but have no control over the battery
I would rather just pop in a new set of batteries whenever it ran down but with that being said i also wanted waterproof.
Having the option to change batteries and be waterproof was not really an option out there.
Had to give up one or the other I chose having waterproof. The nice thing about the legend that is unique is you can mount an external waterproof battery that is very lightweight and doubles your battery time. Other than price it was actually one of the deciding factors as well. Like you said it depends on your needs and wants. It checked all the boxes for me anyway