Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish 540

u2robert

Just got the Vanquish Pro-pack 540 today ( Thank You River Team Six lightning fast shipping)
I thought It would be a flimsy cheap feeling detector BUT to my pleasant surprised the 540 is the opposite.
It feels sturdy and well made no wobble what so ever & it's lightweight
This is the best part It comes with
12" & 8" coils
ML-80 wireless headphones
Pro-find 20
Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and charger.
so easy to swings
And if it detects as well as the EQ 800 it might be detector #1

I have both the Vanquish 540 and Equinox 800. The 540 is a great detector, but by no means as good as the Equinox 800. The recovery speed on the Vanquish forces me to go much slower....

I really like all of the Vanquish models. Do they detect as well as an Equinox.........? I too own both. If I setup my Equinox in Park 1 or Beach 1 with recovery speed on 2 (Nox 800 or 1 Nox 600) and iron bias set really high, I get just about the same performance as the Vanquish 540. Depth on coin sized or bigger objects is similar using similar coils, target IDs are just as good and are basically the same, and the 5 tones and their tone breaks are also very similar especially comparing the 540 to the Equinox 600. As Hddeuce03 said, the big differences are recovery speed, target separation, adjustability and not having modes that are super sensitive to small, partially masked targets like Park 2 and Field 2.

My only complaints with the 540 are no manual ground balance and no manual recovery speed adjustment. Watch out for ground noise in the -9, -8 range if you have hot ground and especially watch out for closely located multiple targets. You have to swing slower and smaller over tightly packed targets. I have walked over shallow coin spills several times with the Vanquish in wild target field testing. It just can't separate targets as well as the Equinox. I went back over the same area with a Nox and easily found the shallow coin spills that had sounded like one big target with wildly jumpy IDs on the Vanquish.

Otherwise, the Vanquish models are incredible detectors for the money that absolutely anyone of any skill level can have a lot of fun and success with.