Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish vs Nox 600 or similar opinions

Hi Tmops,ust to add to what Monte said about the simplex,although i haven't used one myself i have watched a lot of video's from (trusted) reviewers over here and they seem to be getting great results at the beaches.
I used to own a whites M6 which i regularly used at the beach with a large coil and had great results with that and that was a single frequency detector running at 14 khz i believe.I'm just making the point that a lot of single frequency detectors will run in wet sand conditions and give very good results.
Just to add another point about the simplex,a friend owns one and he would now use nothing else,the performance and price point was a no brainer for him .......its a great value detector.
I haven't a clue about the Garrett as again i have never used one and don't know anybody with one ,however,Garrett don't make many lemons and if Monte says they are good it's probably worth a look.
I’m not anti vlf. As a matter of fact some of my favorite detectors were Tesoro all ran vlf in particular 14 Khz range. Might just be hype but they say running multiple frequencies at a time was supposed to be better. Not so sure if it’s better or make that much of a difference was just surprised a bit that it could actually impede performance as they advertise it’s supposed to help if anything. Not saying Monte is incorrect im sure he is very experienced with all of them. I do know though that also two of my favorite detectors were the sovereign gt and excalliber II both ran on a form of smf and i had great results with those. I would imagine it also depends where you are using it I could be wrong im no engineer on the technology just seemed to work well here. I don’t know they used to say a PI was best at the beach now you don’t need a PI a multi is better

I’m not anti vlf. As a matter of fact some of my favorite detectors were Tesoro all ran vlf in particular 14 Khz range. Might just be hype but they say running multiple frequencies at a time was supposed to be better. Not so sure if it’s better or make that much of a difference was just surprised a bit that it could actually impede performance as they advertise it’s supposed to help if anything. Not saying Monte is incorrect im sure he is very experienced with all of them. I do know though that also two of my favorite detectors were the sovereign gt and excalliber II both ran on a form of smf and i had great results with those. I would imagine it also depends where you are using it I could be wrong im no engineer on the technology just seemed to work well here. I don’t know they used to say a PI was best at the beach now you don’t need a PI a multi is better
Detecting, avidly, for over fifty-seven years and using SMF's since the mid '90s. Some Single-Frequencies do not handle some site challenges well and the same goes for SMF's. Good ones and bad ones based on the particular site conditions, how they are set up and used, and the operator's anticipated results. Of the SMF's I had it includes various Fisher CZ's, White's DFX, VX3 and V3i, Minelab's Sovereign's, Explorer II's, Explorer SE Pro, Equinox 800 and a few Vanquish 540's, plug the Garrett Apex. Some had a terrible weight, annoying balance, didn't work all that well for the conditions I hunted, or were too cumbersome in design or over-featured with adjustments. Of those I have had I like two of them more than the rest and those are the Sovereign XS 2aPro and Apex.

There have been a lot more Single-Frequency detectors I didn't care for than those I did, and there are some I really like but had to trim my detector battery to limit it to no more than 10 models. If I was my old-self and could own all I wanted, I would add a Fisher F5 and F44 back in with the one or two coils I favored for them, a Tesoro Euro Sabre (if I could find one) and Mojave, a Deep-Tech Vista X with two coils I would use, and a White's MXT Pro.

Instead, due to health impairments and loss of mobility I might be at the end of my detecting time and start trimming out most everything I own. If I can get back to my cane to get around well enough, then I might thin out most of what I have, keep my two favored Tesoro's, F75+ and F19, and add a Deep-Tech Vista X and an SMF ... the Equinox 800 w/6" coil for primary use.

Monte

Detecting, avidly, for over fifty-seven years and using SMF's since the mid '90s. Some Single-Frequencies do not handle some site challenges well and the same goes for SMF's. Good ones and bad ones based on the particular site conditions, how they are set up and used, and the operator's anticipated results. Of the SMF's I had it includes various Fisher CZ's, White's DFX, VX3 and V3i, Minelab's Sovereign's, Explorer II's, Explorer SE Pro, Equinox 800 and a few Vanquish 540's, plug the Garrett Apex. Some had a terrible weight, annoying balance, didn't work all that well for the conditions I hunted, or were too cumbersome in design or over-featured with adjustments. Of those I have had I like two of them more than the rest and those are the Sovereign XS 2aPro and Apex.

There have been a lot more Single-Frequency detectors I didn't care for than those I did, and there are some I really like but had to trim my detector battery to limit it to no more than 10 models. If I was my old-self and could own all I wanted, I would add a Fisher F5 and F44 back in with the one or two coils I favored for them, a Tesoro Euro Sabre (if I could find one) and Mojave, a Deep-Tech Vista X with two coils I would use, and a White's MXT Pro.

Instead, due to health impairments and loss of mobility I might be at the end of my detecting time and start trimming out most everything I own. If I can get back to my cane to get around well enough, then I might thin out most of what I have, keep my two favored Tesoro's, F75+ and F19, and add a Deep-Tech Vista X and an SMF ... the Equinox 800 w/6" coil for primary use.

Monte
I think thats why it is good to have one of these new detectors that do both multi frequencies ( smf ) and the option to choose just one single frequency ( vlf )
Detectors such as apex and legend seem to fit that bill. Basically two detectors in one as i see it