Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero and 5x10 DD

Minas man

Out for an hour before sunset on a new patch of ground for me and most signals were beaver tail pull tabs and beer caps. The beer caps do not discriminate out but you can tell by the sound, rough around the edges and very strong, that audio gives them away. Only dug 2 holes with good coins but here in Canada the totals can add up because of $1 & $2 coins.
The first hole had a stack of coins and gave a great signal that I could not disc out and it was 2 - $2 & a $1 all in a stack for a new personal record of $5 for one hole. The other good hole was 25 cents for a total of $5.25 in an hour.
The Vaquero is awesome on Canadian coins.

Minas man

That's awsome Minas man. For me a good hole is a stack of 3 corroded zinc pennies!

I can't remember the last time that I did not come home with at least one penny! As the penny is now retired in Canada penny counts will start to decline at some point. The mint stopped distributing them in February 2013.
Don't mind digging the Loonies and Toonies ($1,$2)

Nice going! :cheers: One of these days I'm going to dig a huge silver coin spill. Maybe today.:)

tabman

Nice finds, what are your thoughts on the 5x10 coil. I got one for my Tejon but haven't had any time to give it a work out.

Good hunting,

Ron in WV

thats what I hear, is the VAQ is good on canadian coins

Ron it was hard to make the switch and I only briefly used the 5x10 DD it when I first bought it and then I went back to stock coil for 3 years and then tried it again last fall and have not looked back.
On the Plus side it is more stable on bad ground, excellent in woods and brush with no spokes to get caught and I can get the toe of coil in and around a tree trunk that has crevasses.
Separation of targets with the knife like signal is good. The coil is lighter than stock and 10 inch length gives good sweep coverage.
On the negative discrimination is not as good on bottle caps but you can hear the rough edges in the signal.

Minas man