Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero and Super Tuning/Power Balancing ?

richbat

Ok I know how to Super-Tune/Power-Balance but my question is does moving up the Disc.defeat the purpose of doing it and wouldn't just hunting in All-Metal be just the same?I know hunting with the least amount of Disc. will give you the best depth but you also will be picking up everything under the sun,so therefore my question on ST/PB.

Try doing some air test with a coin at different disc. settings. I am sure you will see that some depth will be lost, but that loss will be minimal.

supertune i find is to unstable. whenever i turn sense. more than just a bit into the red my vaq. gets chatty and gives false signals. i believe power balancing is just running it at the maximum neg. ground balance. with me, the same thing happens, just to unstable. i usually just run the stock settings. am trying out going neg. on gb 1/8 to 1/4 turn. read on here it makes it more sensitive to silver. i did find a merc dime today. not sure if it helped though. i always use disc mode above the iron mark, at about 10 o'clock or a wee bit less. not to worried about the little bit of depth i loose.

I have to agree that I don't care to run the vaquero super tuned all that much for hunting but often if I get an iffy target that I think may be deep I will run the sens and thresh up to see if it comes in better then return to my settings before continuing on.

I read an article somewhere that went into more detail about "Super tuning" and
it said something about having the Thres maxed gave increased depth by
allowing weaker signals to break over the machines internal filter to give an audible
signal thereby increasing realized depth, or something to that nature.
I'll bet Reg has the answer, have to ask him next time I see him.