Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero as 2nd machine

CO_T\Huntr

I'm really aching to pick up another Tesoro to compliment my Silver uMax and am leaning toward the Vaq
for a couple of reasons
I'm hoping for a little more depth potential....
I feel the Manual GB could be an advantage in Colorado
And the 9V Batt as opposed to the AA's in the Tejon and some other units...

Any words of wisdom you can share would be greatly appreciated....

i have a vaquero. works really good, battery lasts a long time. stock coil is great and can get numerous other coils for it. like dan b said. become your #1 machine.

I also have a Silver uMax, also a Tiger Shark, and am looking at purchasing the Tejon instead of the Vaq. My reasoning is the same as yours, I want more depth. While both the Tejon and the Vaq. will give more depth, I am planning on the Tejon because it is deep for sure. I like the idea of the double disc, and the trigger. I never considered batteries as a deciding factor in my decision. They both have decent battery life and the difference in price for changing batteries in either detector is probably fairly close. Either way, it cost money to have fun and batteries for a metal detector is cheap fun compared to other activities.

Based on the great feedback provided by all of you wiser people on this and other forums
I've changed my mind......
The Outlaw appears to be very close to the Vaquero and uses the same coils as my Silver
In this regard I can swap coils between the two and not have to buy another set of the Delta Coils......

Should still provide a little more depth potential and Manual GB.....

I got the Outlaw and the Silver umax so I could use the coils on both, I really like both.Depending what the Cazador is I will be getting it also, fingers crossed.

CO_T\Hunter,
I have the Silver and Vaquero amongst my detectors and I live in Colorado.
The Silver is good in the lowlands, but in the mountains, the higher frequency and ground balancing of the Vaquero is an advantage because of the high mineralization.
The 5.75" coil on the Vaquero really helps, especially if you're nugget hunting.
Both detectors are keepers.

PM me if you want some more info.

HH

Ken

The way I run my vaquero the outlaw will get the same depth or darn close to it. The outlaw is really a great machine, the only advantage in getting the vaquero or Tejon would be the disc range will go lower towards iron. Sometimes I like to hear all the iron clicks and be able to pick good targets out from it. The disk on the outlaw will be real close to the silver, depends on what your hunting for. But out of the two outlaw or vaquero I would say I like the outlaw better, with that said I really like my Tejon. Good luck deciding and hope the best works out for you.

Thanks Ken,
Have you been lucky enough to find any CO nuggets with your Vaq....
Me and my partner were just talking about a trip to "Cash Creek"
he has prospected there before but not with a metal detector....