Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Awesomeness!

fltacoma

So I finally got around to metal detecting the front yard by the driveway and found three wheat cents, a key, a small pocket knife, a small metal toy tank, and a quarter as well as a small "friends forever" ring, all within about a 20 square foot area! Needlessly to say, Ill be heading out there tomorrow when I wake up and I will see what else I can find. I ground balanced the Tesoro, and switched the frequency lower to accommodate the negative GB feature. I am always impressed with the Vaquero wherever I take it. The neighborhood was built around the 1950's and to me, is perfect for detecting the neighbors houses :)

They are a nice lightweight machine,i basically only use mine with the NEL Snake coil on these days for really trashy roman/saxon sites and this combination does pull the hammered silver coins that i love too find,this is the only Tesoro that i use these days but i must admit i do like using it because of the simplicity of the control,the UK version of the Vaquero has both fixed and manual GB and running at 19khz which is deadly on small coins.

Went out to the front yard again today and found 79 cents in change, a what looks to be like a gold plated copper ring, as well as a 1954-D Franklin half dollar. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the silver shining through the ground! It was right along the edge of the driveway and about 8+ inches down. The Vaq wins again!

pinenut said:
I planted that Franklin there for you to find, weeks ago... What took you so long? :bouncy:

... and now he wants it back!

Hahaha, only with a valid picture match up to the coin....