Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero can find nuggets !

Bobbylikesgold

We were out dry washing in a desert gully in gold country & I gave my Vaquero swing after super tuned with supplied coil , did this as there were far to many signals when in all metal .
It signalled on match head sized little nuggets easy :clapping: but was hard to pinpoint , ground was mid mineralised .

Photo of the ground .

Bobby .

Sure the Vaquero is capable of finding gold nuggets when adjusted properly for the hunting conditions. Bobby while prospecting with a metal detector, in my opinion, this would not be a good time to "super-tune" your detector set-up. It would be best to keep the threshold to a low hum while hunting in all-metal mode with a proper ground balance in order to find the small pickers. That was probably one of the reasons why you were having a hard time pinpointing. Did ya'll have any luck with the dry-washing? I have a brand new Gold Buddy dry-washer (mid-size) that I need to equip with some hose and a Echo 2-cycle gas engine. Maybe this year since I'm in between jobs. Ha! Best of luck out there and HH!

there ya go !

think I agree less is probably more and a DD coil might do better if you were using the 8 x 9.

AJ

SANY0008_zpsjfe2hddu.jpg

Texadillo said:
Sure the Vaquero is capable of finding gold nuggets when adjusted properly for the hunting conditions. Bobby while prospecting with a metal detector, in my opinion, this would not be a good time to "super-tune" your detector set-up. It would be best to keep the threshold to a low hum while hunting in all-metal mode with a proper ground balance in order to find the small pickers. That was probably one of the reasons why you were having a hard time pinpointing. Did ya'll have any luck with the dry-washing? I have a brand new Gold Buddy dry-washer (mid-size) that I need to equip with some hose and a Echo 2-cycle gas engine. Maybe this year since I'm in between jobs. Ha! Best of luck out there and HH!

Hi Texadillo ,
Although I ground balances frequently the Vaq in all metal was sounding off every sweep '' to shut it up I clicked just on motion discriminate & then super tuned it to get usable :)

Scored Heaps better ~ 100X better '''with the hand cranked dry unit ( payed for the trip with a nice profit ) we used the Jack Winder ' new dry gold concentrator invention .

These are not available yet , maybe in the future .
Good luck with your Gold Buddy .

Photo here .

Bobby.

That looks like a lot of fun right there. One day I would love to try the desert type hunting for small gold.