Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Coil Decision

mortarman

My experience is primarily the beach with my Sand Shark but now an opportunity has come up that I'm very excited about. A friend from work is the caretaker of a house and property that has been occupied since 1740 and he has given me permission to have fun! I can't wait to get out there but I don't have a clue if the stock coil on my V will be the right choice. There are a couple of foundations around in addition to the the house and a barn and ice house plus a slope down to a small stream which could have the potential for an old trash dump. I'm thinking of either the 10" elliptical wide scan or maybe the 5.75 concentric. I'm hoping there will be some silver here and possibly deep but also some relics. Would the 12 X 10" wide scan be a better choice? Can you tell I'm a bit confused? :shrug:
What would your recommendations be for this type of site?

A site this old might be loaded with tons of junk, masking could be a problem, too.
I would use the 5.75 concentric for sure.
Just about as deep as the standard 9", much better in the trash or areas with a high concentration of targets.
Bring the elliptical for areas that are more wide open and less dense with trash like maybe that path down to the dump you mentioned.

I have the small concentric and stock coils that I use on my Vaquero, but do not have the elipitical coil.
For the type of searching you are talking about, either of those coils will work great.
That little 5.75 coil has some great depth to it for its size.
Good luck in that great sounding site and post your finds for us!

Thanks for the responses guys! I'll go for the concentric first then. I'll post pictures as soon as I have something!