Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Coil Question

CousinEddie

Question for Vaquero users... I am thinking about buying the 12 x 10 Wide Scan. I have no issues with the stock coil, it has excellent depth. I am going to be getting into hunting some large fields and I'd like to cover more area than the 9 x 8 can handle. I was wondering what people that use 12 x 10 coil think of it's performance?

Used the 12x10 DD on a Cibola and liked it very much. Gets maybe a touch less depth than the factory coil, but you only need to overlap by 3" to 4" to get good coverage.

Same depth as stock coil, maybe a tiny bit more but not enough to notice....but the coverage is better.

Downside is it's heavier and that's ok for the first 20-30 minutes when you first get started....but it's that hour 4-5 when you are ready to pack it in because your elbow is on fire...that you realize the 12x10 wasn't such a great idea.

Been there, done it, got the T shirt....and then sold the coil!

Happy Hunting

LittleJohn