Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero for Otter Box in water.

KVM2

I have a 10 turn modified Vaquero Also an Otter Box rig that was originally set up for a Compadre to use in water, I bought a brown 8? inch donut coil since it slides through the water with much less effort than the stock coil. Problem is that there are two miles of cable between the coil and box that I would like to get shortened. Are there any dealers in Ohio I could have this done at? I have a thing about electronics, and have screwed EVERY project up I tried to do... Even hooked up a 110 plug to 220 some fifty years ago. A more than interesting experience.. Want to do some creek wandering, and hope the Vaquero isn't over kill. Will either be a happy place, or a wrong guess. Thank you for your advice.

Not sure, but I wonder if the cb radio shops at truck stops could do it for you. Might be worth a check. BTW, what part of the state are you in? I'm near the Buckeye Lake area.
Happy Hunting,
Mike

I could be wrong, but I think the machine would need to be tuned for the final length of cable to get the best performance. You might just call up Tesoro and ask, I am sure they would give you a straight answer.

If it just the coil and cable I would send it in to Tesoro and get it shortened and retuned you will be better off JMHO