Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero goes deep

I had an interesting hunt yesterday. I went to an old house, probably from the 30's or 40's that I was graciously givien permission to hunt. I hunted the back yard area around an old tree. The ground around the tree is littered with singals, so I tryed to hone in on the sweetest sounding ones only. There is a sidwalk running right by the tree up to the back door and I got a signal right next to is about 4 inches away from it. I was running my disc right around foil. I turned up the disc and it start to cut out somewhere around the tab area. I went ahead and dug it and up pops a clad dime 1978.
Then I started hunting beside the tree I got a sweet sounding, faint tone so I was egar to dig. I went ahead and tuned up the disc just to try and i.d. the target and it almost maxed out. Just started to brake up right around were a aluminum bottle cap would. However, you could still get it at full disc. So I dug and dug and dug. Finally to my supprise at 8 inches deep, out pops a Jefferson nickle? 1964. I guess it just goes to show on some targets esp. the deep stuff, don't believe the i.d. I am learning alot about this Vaq. Now most of the time I just dig the sweet sounds and keep the disc. low. Unless of coarse, I am in a park that has thousands of tabs. Then I just have to turn up the disc. :)

Thanks for the report on the Vaq, I have always wanted a vaqero,

Some of those deep targets will fool you if don't dig-um up and take a close look at them. :)

tabman

Nice!!! I just got my new vaquero and cant use it yet. Too much snow and ice right now. What are you running for a coil?? Stock, 8" or the 5.75.

bewhole said:
Nice!!! I just got my new vaquero and cant use it yet. Too much snow and ice right now. What are you running for a coil?? Stock, 8" or the 5.75.
I am running the 5,75 concentric. It seems almost as deep as stock. Plus it has way more feedback imho

Heres a video of some of my recent finds I've had with mine.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVPbZUKIjvk

thats really good to get a coin that deep with so much disc on

I KNOW for a fact that the Vaq. is deep, I have seen it for myself with a detecting partner. It is a real shame that it doesn't come in multi tone because I ordered a Garrett AT Pro precisely because it gives me what Tesoro currently isn't. This is a disappointing as I really like Tesoro machines.

This probably isnt relevant to how deep the Vaquero will go, but yesterday i was hunting a park with the 5.75 DD. I walked through a 4ft wide gate and had the V sound off. After I was on the other side, I turned and pointed the coil at one of the metal posts. The coil was almost 3ft away and picking it up.
I dont put too much stock in air testing because it isnt really whats happening in the ground, but I was still amazed at how far this picked up. I have had a couple of times that I have dug down over 15inches and given up, certain that no coin is that deep in this area.