Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero on salt water beach?

jld66

never have had my vaq. on a saltwater beach. so asking how it does on the wet/dry sand. maybe some pointers on how to go about it. thought i would ask before i headed down there. i live in maine and the quebec canadians invade them (haha) during the summer months along with everyone else. have only seen a couple people detecting on them in the past years. i have the stock 8x9 coil for now. thanks.

Should do great over the dry sand. Wet salt sand is not so good. It will not ground balance to the wet salt. You can get some usage over the wet sand by setting the discrimination at the low end of foil and turning the sensitivity down some. Ground balance it to the dry sand before setting the discrimination and sensitivity to be usable over the wet. You won't get great depth over the wet sand like you can over the dry sand.

I found that I really wanted to hunt the wet sand and shallow water and bought a proper, water proof, detector to do that duty (first was a CZ20) and have since added others, including a Sand Shark.

Enjoy!
tvr

I changed my coil to a DD 5x10 wide scan to combat the wet salt sand and only had limited susses. That coil is now stays on the Vaquero as it works for me for all hunting situations.
I watched 53silver do a video on youtube about Minelab sovereign and he describes it as a Vaquero on steroids so that is what I bought to hunt wet salt beaches.
Vaquero is exceptional on our modern Canadian coins.

Minas man

It will work in the wet sand , but not like a Mine Lab will . The trick is to put it in all metal and get as close to the wet sand as you can and still have a stable thresh hold , then ground balance it , once you've ground balanced it set your disc just below or right at the foil setting , then start towards the wet sand with your sensitivity at about 8 and gradually decrease your sensitivity until it's stable . This will get you about 5-6" on a dime 6+" on a nickel and about 8-9" on a quarter . This has worked for me on NC beaches and FL beaches , hope this helps you out .