Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero problem help appreciated

Lem

Just received a vaquero, bought used, about 8 months old, put a new battery in it, when I turn it on, I get the battery check beeps, and then a solid loud constant
VCO sound, nothing changes it, turning the threshold, sensitivity, etc. cable connections solid, coil looks like new. When I start the machine, its set in all metal.

took battery out, replaced it again, and same problem. This happened in an open field. Your thoughts and opinions appreciated.

First try with another coil.The cable may be interrupted.The constant VCO sound means that the coil is not conntected.

Where do you live? If near central Ohio, I could try a coil out on your machine..Where ever you are, there is a "V"...Cibola....Tejon not that far away...List your town and State,,, nothing to lose, maybe get a hunting buddy?

Apostata and KVM appreciate your responses, unfortunately only have one coil, and I live in the Republic of Panama, no detector sales here.
May have to wait until I visit the grandchildren in december, when I go to the states, I will attempt to rewrap the coil a bit looser to see if
that helps. Thanks again,

You can test the coil cable easy .Take a multimeter (with ohm meter with sound /bell/ )
If the coil cable is interruptet it wont ring.I thing they were pins 1+3 and 2+4
Btw im from Bulgaria,and my english is disaster.Sorry about it