Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Silver and Gold Look at this:clapping: dollar

bigolhorns

14k gold & Sterling pendants in the local sports field. 1936 wheat. Ever see a Canada dollar like this? The goose is cut out. It was about 10" down at an angle. Love my Vaquero. Thanks for looking!

No, that's a custom piece for sure. That was a 1967 Centennial dollar. A big chunk of silver in it's original form. I have one that I've had since 1967.

Dan

Wow! Great finds.:cheers:

What were your settings on the Vaquero? Where you using the standard 9x8 search coil?

thanks for sharing HH

Yep using the standard coil. The V is stupid deep on low conductors like gold (and pulltabs:wiggle:)

My settings were:
Power Ground Balanced
Sensitivity: 8
Threshold: 3 o'clock position
Disc: just above iron, dig everything that sounds good!

bigolhorns said:
Yep using the standard coil. The V is stupid deep on low conductors like gold (and pulltabs:wiggle:)

My settings were:
Power Ground Balanced
Sensitivity: 8
Threshold: 3 o'clock position
Disc: just above iron, dig everything that sounds good!

That's a recipe for finding the really good stuff. I run my Vaquero with the sensitivity and threshold both at the 3 o'clock positions and just above iron on the discrimination setting the majority of the time. It amazingly stable. If you turn the discrimination knob up higher to cherry pick, you can go even higher on the sensitivity and threshold settings to help maintain depth. Nickles hit so hard they practically jump out of the ground.

What I like most about the V is its depth, its light weight and its speed locating the target. I don't like standing around trying to figure out what a bunch of numbers on a screen mean. I'm digging as many good sounding targets as I can.