Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero super tune question

I have had my Vaquero for a few years now I have had great success with it in conditions some of my much more expensive machines failed in. My question is as I super tune my machine maxed out it has never chattered or become unstable like the ones I see on youtube videos in the same modes and settings, I am questioning if my machine is getting the maximum depth I know this machine is capable of, Is my max power adjustment set too low from the factory? are others experiencing the same thing? it seems to be getting decent depth and is super stable. I love this machine and would consider another for my wife that uses the big "E"

My experience with the vaquero was that if the ground balance was set right, there was little or no falsing / chattering, even when sensitivity and threshold were maxed.
The vaquero is a very smooth running machine, unless of course the ground balance isn't set right or emi issues. It is crucial that the GB is set right for it to run smooth.

You might want to check out a youtube video by scannerguy How to hit 12 inch quarter with a Tesoro Vaquero.Very good video with a different twist to GB.Send me a Pm if you have trouble finding it and I will send you the link if my wife will show me how.HH

I cant max out the sensitivity. Its chatters even when held high in the air. I can back it down to about half way in the red and silence it.

hatpin said:
I cant max out the sensitivity. Its chatters even when held high in the air. I can back it down to about half way in the red and silence it.
same with mine too. i have always said that. i know how to set the ground balance also and get it right on. i did try what scannerguy shown in his video. and with disc at above 3 o'clock, it hit on a small nail at about 5 inches deep, which it did not hit running sense at 10 and disc at 10 o'clock. but what i noticed, which i only played with a very short time, when cranking up the sense high in the red and the negative GB. seemed to throw the disc off. im going to play around with it a bit more tomorrow. probably just end up hunting with it normal though.

yeah I am unsure for most applications running everything maxed out helps much always look for stability 99% of the time when I hunt, might be an odd occasion I need to max out but that is rare finding the sweet spot on a Tesoro is a challenge sometimes and they are all different and I mean same model different machine get 3 V's and they will all be a bit different.

AJ