Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero Supertuned

sqwaby

When I set the V to boost on sens and max my threshold its unstable to the point that I can't hunt with it. Would it run smoother if the GB was set slightly negative? Is there anything that helps besides backing off the sens? Thanks Sqwaby

Hay Squawby,

Where are you tryin to hunt at?

I have found that supertuning will work better

in tha open with fewer targets.

It get's bad in hot ground also.

If tha ground is real reactive, it is hard to

have that much sensitivity.

Other areas it may work better.

The other choice is to make it hot and learn to

hunt with it that way.

I have found ways to deal with a lot of different

environments.

You can give up, get another machine, go

somewhere else, or learn to deal with it.

I like tha last one. It's tha most satisfying if you

succeed.

HH,

Tabdog

Howdy sqwaby

Just like Tabdog said, you don't need to 'hotrod' the vaquero, it's plenty hot for in town use. I would rather hunt with a smooth operating tune on my detectors. I don't need one jacked up and a fart'n, clicking and a bleep'n thru my headphones, life is tough enuf with out all that noise coming at my brain.Have a good'n.........Hombre

I don't try and hunt with it running hot very often, don't need to, and I don't like diggin that deep unless there are some good relics to be had. Just curious if anyone has any trick to compensate. Giving up the Vaq is not an option, I think I'll be with it for a long time.

:inlove: Sometimes I run my V hot (supertuned), but most of the time I run it cool with the sensitivity set on about 5. I then dig deeper than I want often. The ground here where I live is very rocky and hard, sooo digging is hard most of the time. It is not unusual for me to find a good sounding target, only to dig down in hard ground a couple of inches and find a large flat rock. This happens because so much of the older ground here has been moved around by construction. They drained a lake nearby last week and wouldn't you know it I got sick the same day and could not go. I have a health problem that I have to be extra cautious with every time I get a cold. Part of my lung and heart sack is missing so a cold can be life threatening. I said all of that to say that I am very disappointed that I have not gotten to go hunt the drained lake. They say there has been a ton of people there. Bill in Texas :tesoro:

I'll run my V as high on sensitivity as I can for the spot..The reason is simple, the town was formed in 1805.While most of the stuff is up top, every once in a while you will get a great deep hit.. The ones not to be missed...I. also, am practicing with the 3 by 18 coil for open field sweeping. There is no set hard fast rule how to set any control or how to play the scene, other than the one stated by Pop Eye..."Yas does whats yas gotta does,Olive"..I went out for a bit playing with the V and the wide sweep coil..The song,"Like a Rock", described the ground....It was cold !! How cold? The local witches were all wearing 5 and 6 sweaters...I quit when my feet started hurting, this was after the fingers cried "Uncle!!!" Below 20 easily,with wind... The V cooking along ,sounding off when we got to a signal..(These were neighbors back yards) The second yard over is going to be a problem.Old Elsey was a black smith, may be iron.But, there still may be the other half of the cast iron elephant pull toy left..Would really like to find it and re-assemble....Keep warm, and send some warmth North,if you have extra...... cordially NAD.

I don't blame you one bit Sqwaby.

I really like tha V.

It is amazing how deep it will go on gold.

It is very sensative to small gold jewelry

and descriminates iron very well.

It took a little for me to realize just how

nice it really is.

I hardly ever turn tha threshold up high.

I keep it tuned "proper" and keep tha

sensativity as high as it will go and still

run fairly smooth.

HH,

Tabdog

Hay Bill,

I got bad health problems also.

Let's be careful and not get sick.

HH,

Tabdog

The super tuning plus boost is best reserved for the deep, clean places:

Fields
Out-a-way woods
Sand
Bark chip tot-lots.

The rest of the time, I just bump the thresh up a hair and run the SENS as high as is practical. The goosed threshold will sharpen response to targets, without making the instrument all squirrely.