Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero vs Bandito umax

sqwaby

I really like my Vaquero(high tone) and I'm looking at a Bandito umax. If you have experience using BOTH of these machines I would appreciate your comparison. Is the Bandito going to out perform the V in some areas, depth, more definition in the signal sound with different targets, etc. Thanks

I can only pass on what I have heard. The ED 120 discrimination of the Bandido (II uMax or Eldorado) handles rusty iron better than the ED 180 discrimination of the Vaquero (and Tejon).

I think both a very good and very much the same detector whit minor differences.
The coils are not interchangeable so you will need both 4 and 5 pin coils. The Bandido
has the nice feature of a All Metal/Disc toggle switch which the Vaquero hasn't.
And I like the tones on the Bandido better, And I find it's easier to pin point the Bandido
also. But The Vaq has Freq shift control which is handy and will go deeper with it's
stock coil then the Bandido does with it's stock coil. I would stick with a machine where
I can use any extra coils with both detectors.

That is very good info Dang! Yes extra coils are expensive buying coils for 2 different detectors if they are not interchangable. Yes it is better to have 2 detectors where you can use any extra coils with both detectors interchangably.

"The coils are not interchangeable so you will need both 4 and 5 pin coils." Yes the (Bandido-Eldorado) uMax coils and Vaquero-Tejon coils are not interchangable.
http://www.tesoro.com/product/coils/

"But The Vaq has Freq shift control which is handy and will go deeper with it's stock coil then the Bandido does with it's stock coil."
Dang or anyone elso, generally how much deeper is the Vaq over the Bandido II uMax(or Eldorado)?? On a clad coin about one inch, 2 inches, etc.?
Thank you.

I would say during the air test side by side the Vaq got the quarter about 1.5" to 2" further from it's coil then the Bandidos.
But the Vaq's coil is a different style and size then whats on the bandido. That might be a factor as well. A better evaluation
would be possible if I had a 9X10 Spider coil for the Bandido also. Monte would know for sure about this. (Hint)
Also........I did these tests inside my home where all sorts of wires and ufos are around and I didn't think that
perhaps the Freqs position on the Vaq was on a different freq then that of the Bandido's fixed freq.

Thanks Dang.

Thanks and that clears some things up Monte, I was wondering about this lately. I hate to barrage so many questions at you, but if you can answer very, very briefly in as few words as possible is 100% and appreciated.

1) It says on the Tesoro web site that the Tiger Shark has Bandido circutry. Do you know, does the Tiger Shark have ED 120 discrimination the same as the Bandido II uMax does, or not??

2) What does the Lobo ST have, ED-120 or ED-180??

"I prefer to have a broader (low-end) acceptance in the Discriminate mode and while the Bandido II

I have had and used both and after I got used to it, its the Vaquero hands down for my type of detecting. The Cowboy is a very stable and silent hunter that is a magnet for small gold. I would love to see Tesoro make Vaquero type with 2 notches and 3 tones though. Bill in Texas

Thanks for all the replies. I think Monte makes a good point, since I already have a Vaq that works well for me. Get a TID or something that compliments or expands on the detectors already owned. I'm with you on the 2 or 3 tone Vaquero Bill, only I'd like notch disc for the whole disc range with a notch width adjustment at each point. If they did a multi tone I'd like more separation(frequency change) between each tone, I have a Golden Umax and its tough to tell the tones apart sometimes.

Different tones, ID's and notch. Not for me. Distracts me from detecting. Spend so much time tyring to figure out exactly what the detector is telling me I could just as easily have dug up the target and be on my way.
Just like the old days. And a heck of a lot cheaper.

Sorry I didn't see this to get to it sooner. Been trying to get over a flu bug that hit me hard on Thursday and left me weak for a few days. On top of that, I grabbed a few hours rest and woke up at 3:30 this morning with a nasty floater in my right eye. This getting old and being unhealthy stuff is really irritating. :(

David said:
Thanks and that clears some things up Monte, I was wondering about this lately. I hate to barrage so many questions at you, but if you can answer very, very briefly in as few words as possible is 100% and appreciated.
"Brief" is a tough thing to ask of me, but I'll try.

David said:
1) It says on the Tesoro web site that the Tiger Shark has Bandido circutry. Do you know, does the Tiger Shark have ED 120 discrimination the same as the Bandido II uMax does, or not??
Reading the Tiger Shark flyer it states: It uses the same great ground balance and discrimination features that made the Bandido series so successful." Like all pieces of marketing, in print or just verbal, or even 'suggested" with pictures or drawings, You have to work through it. Let's look at this statement for a moment. First is says Sensitivity and Discrimination FEATURES and not THE SAME CIRCUITRY. What "features" does it refer to? Nothing specific so we can only conclude that like the Bandido series it provides manual GB and motion-based Discrimination. That statement is a bit vague!

So let's also consider the other comment when it compares the Tiger Shark with the Bandido series which spans four very differing models.:

Bandido.. The 'original' of the four models operated at 10 kHz. It had a "nice and proper" sort of Auto-Tune speed in the All Metal mode that was, for me, about ideal. Quite functional. It also brought us the first model with ED-120 discrimination, and it featured the 3