Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero VS Eldorado Umax

sqwaby

I currently use a V machine which is my first Tesoro. I am quite please with the performance, especially the fast retune. Having thoughts of picking up a Eldorado Umax. What differences or advantages would I see with the E compared to the V, besides not having the HOT technology. I hunt coins in parks and old homesteads, relics at 1800s plantations, gulf of mex. beaches. The ground here is very low mineralization

#1 you won't have coil compatibility. That's the main reason my 5 Tesoros are all umax models. I'm not real familiar with the V as I haven't owned one, but I think you have to turn the disc knob from the disc setting to all metal. If this is correct, the E has the advantage of a separate switch to toggle into all meta and out without disturbing the disc setting. I really enjoy my E - it has good depth and sensitivity, discrimination and light weight. In my opinion it would make a good back up or extra except for the coil issue. My two cents.
BB

The Reale detectors were undercover Tesoro products of the late 80's i owned the 8 reale and discoverd fist great realic.French colonial beautiful,button,tesoro is wonderful Vaquaro happy now!!!...