Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero with 11 x 8 widescan

Hello everyone, I purchased a Vaquero a few years back with the standard coil, I recently purchased the 11 x 8 widescan and took it out today. I just want to share what I perceive is a huge difference in target acquisition this coil has made. The difference is night and day, I air tested running in supertune and was able to squeek a penny/dime signal out to around 14" I run my machine ground balanced to 1/4 turn negative, my threshold around 3:00, and run the discrimination in the 11:00 position. I was only out for a few minutes today but...Pennies were turning up in the eight inch range with a solid signal in a trashy old park. I really believe the Vaquero is perhaps the best metal detector Tesoro has ever made.

UWMM

Yes, the new 11 x 8 coil makes a huge difference on the Vaquero. Found some of my deepest finds with it.

I have an Etrac 3030, and the Vaquero, in a side by side air test the vaquero with widescan coil won by 3+ inches using a silver quarter, nickel, and a clad dime. I wish Tesoro would make this in a water proof design.

you almost persuade me to get one , that is deep

underwatermetalman said:
I have an Etrac 3030, and the Vaquero, in a side by side air test the vaquero with widescan coil won by 3+ inches using a silver quarter, nickel, and a clad dime. I wish Tesoro would make this in a water proof design.

It's not waterproof?

supertraq said:
underwatermetalman said:

It's not waterproof?

it ?? what's its name ? etrac is not waterproof, ctx is splash/rain proof etc.. V is not water proof.

UWMM really if its fresh water grab a fisher 1280x and do what ever you want with no worries :biggrin: or wait sure fisher have something coming this year they have been tight lipped and are well over due for some new detectors in the water area.

AJ