Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero

jmaryt

i was wondering if the vaq can be set to "pull tab" disc. setting WITHOUT
losing depth on coins?.also, how does the 5.75" "hot" coil hunt in the junk?
does it have a "quick" processor?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The 5.75 works just fine on my Cibola

thanks!..it's good to know!..i was curious to determine IF the vaq is a good 'cherry picker"
in the junk,because it's a "beep and dig",and if it has a super quick processor to go along with the 2 filter circuit!
has anyone set it up to wipe out "pull tabs" and just "cherry pick?..if so,how well do you do?..just curious!
thanks!..especially interested in how the 5.75 " 'hot" coil works,IF set up this way!..also does it lose depth,or does it
STILL detect deep using this disc. setting?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If I don't have much time to hunt or just don't want to dig a lot of signals I'll set my Cibola's disk either just under zinc or turn it all the way up to only dig copper pennies, dimes, and quarters, with the stock coil I still get plenty of depth and it retunes super fast. With the 5.75 its my understanding that you will lose some depth but if your not trying to hunt deep silver coins with it doubt the depth loss would be a problem. I've found that even shallow coins don't sound as loud with the 5.75 as with the stock coil but it wasn't a problem other than not having a loud or soft signal to give an estimation of target depth. In trash set up to just cherry pick it still seems to retune just as fast as the stock coil letting me pick out multiiple targets that were within a couple of inches of each other. Hope this helps. Jimmie

thanks jimmie!..big help!..looks like it may be good for cherry pickin'
i'll bet it's a joy to use! .a very light weight detector too!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have the 5.75 Widescan coil for my "V" and it works great in trashy locations. I don't leave home without it.

I have the 5.75 widescan on my Tejon. Hits a dime in my test garden at 7" with no problems, discr. set at foil. Not sure how it will hit at tab. I dont even use the 9x8 coil that the Tejon came with, ive had no issues with depth with the 5.75, does everything I want it to and is fantastic in the trashy tot lots I hunt. You cant go wrong with that coil! HH!

And the answer to your question is ... yes. Even at high levels of disc, the Vaq can still go plenty deep. Dimes at 7" even at pulltab disc level are entirely possible. In general, this machine is very hot on silver, gold and nickels. The 5.75" coil is great, it's the only coil I use. I have an 8x9", but it sits at home. And I still find coins up to 7" with the Vaquero fairly often. The recovery time is very quick on this machine, like all good Tesoro machines. The GB control is the key to great depth though, set it "just right" for your ground conditions, and you will see a noticeable increase in depth ability. I personally like the "high tone" models better, but that is just personal preference. For $340, the Vaquero is a great bargain. I think you can't go wrong if you buy one.

I hope this helps,

Mark