Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Variety of Life

I'll definitely be going back to this property. I know there's more stuff to be found there. I'm going to let y'all guess what the little silver ring is. The button is interesting too. I like the bell, and that ball there is either bronze or brass, the closest I can measure is an inch and one sixteenth diameter. Lots of wheaties, silver dimes, war nickle.

Oh, that marble, it was in a hole I dug, like a bonus eh?

You have some really nice finds in that set buddy, good digs. :thumbup:

WoW! Those are some really cool finds! Especially that ring! Is that a GS on it? A little blurry for me, but it's cool as hell. That's a lot of good old stuff for one place...congrats!

Yes indeed, that's a GS on that ring. I was surprised to find out what it was :) I'll let some folks guess a bit, it's not too hard to figure it out.

All this stuff found in the yard of a home that sits in town, the yard not being too awful big, maybe 30 x 100 feet or so.

dgruff said:
I know what it is now, lol. I think...I'll keep it to myself though, and see if I'm right.

Hey I hope you guessed it right :) They must have had some decent money back in the day to afford silver rings eh?

Interesting assortment of finds. Wonder what else is on this site? Finding marbles always makes my day. Don't put any money in my pocket, but I'm not dirt fishing for the money anyway. If I was, I'd have to tighten my belt.

This house/site definitely has more stuff on it, I will surely be returning. I expect more civil war artifacts, minie balls, etc. to be there. I've found other stuff there that's not in the picture.

BTW, the silver ring, GS stands for Girl Scouts :)

I'm going to post up some pics of two other sites I've hit when I get some spare time.

Any help ID'ing that bronze/brass ball would be great. I don't have a clue what it is, it's a wee bit over 1 inch diameter.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Great selection of really nice finds, Silver, rings, buttons and loot. It doesn't get much better then that!

I was right! I kept staring at it, then I finally saw the big emblem on the outside, surrounding the eagle and shield. And yes, it is kind of odd to see such a nice silver ring for the Girl Scouts back then. Or even now for that matter.

That's a very nice pouchful of finds!! I enjoy finding scouting items - just Boy Scouts for me so far, though. Nice Navy button and bell, too! Looks like a three ring day? Nice! Not sure about the ball - only thing that it reminded me of is that some of the military coat buttons are that diameter, but it's just round and smooth? Is it hollow? Anyhow, great hunt, hope that site keeps giving it up! :cheers:

I went back to this site today for a couple hours, dug lots of clad, mostly pennies and a couple dimes, not pictured. Lots of trash too, as is normal for me, I love digging trash :pinnochio

1917 wheatie, I think I have a 1916 from the earlier hunt. The best find was the lead ball, I'm certain it's civil war era, 1863.

Not sure what the button type item is on top right, and the pin, it has a chinese look to it, brass inlay.(I think I have it upside down in the pic)