Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI 41 Solid Ring

Anyone had this happen? I hit a ring, no markings, but looks like white Gold. It hits at a solid 41. Magnet test, does not stick. I do not have a gold tester. The ring has some scratching and dings but not plated. Anyone had a ring at that VDI?

Yep..REVIER just did the exact 41 TID on a 22k a few days ago with his F70....posted up on the Todays Finds forum...be careful though, if it looks like white gold, it should have a K mark of some sort...Stainless steel rings hit like gold and can be confused with white gold on account of the lower tone...so can tungsten...may not be marked...if you dont have an acid test kit, you can try to press a knife blade into it and see if its a soft metal like gold..Good Luck! Fingers crossed for you!:clapping:.
Mud..

mudpuppy said:
Yep..REVIER just did the exact 41 TID on a 22k a few days ago with his F70....posted up on the Todays Finds forum...be careful though, if it looks like white gold, it should have a K mark of some sort...Stainless steel rings hit like gold and can be confused with white gold on account of the lower tone...so can tungsten...may not be marked...if you dont have an acid test kit, you can try to press a knife blade into it and see if its a soft metal like gold..Good Luck! Fingers crossed for you!:clapping:.
Mud..
I did. Went right through it and I mean right through it.. No problem, it was going to be smelted anyway. I am guessing 18K to 22K because how soft it is. Guess I need a acid gold kit.

Top another option is to hit up a local pawn shop and ask if they will test it. I did on the bracelet ID plate and two heavy links of 10K that I dug Sat. evening, no marks.

Also my first men's gold ring was older and unmarked. At first I thought it a junker. Only to have it acid test at 14 K and the 10 small diamonds were all real. Again at the pawn shop :)

Congrats on the find and hoping its the real Mc Coy for you.

Lakota

BUT DON'T let the pawn shop take your "junker". We have a couple down here who have been caught doing this to LiL Ole Ladies.