Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI and BEEPS are acting funny......

ferdware

Ok guys I need a little advice here.

I had some problems with my V3i so I sent it in. I was told that it was working right, and that they restored it to default.

Well here is the problem. It does seem to be working fine. But I forgot exactly how I had it set up. I put most of the settings back that I could remember, but I think I forgot something.

I was at the beach today using it for the first time since I got it back. I noticed that on certain things the beeps are not like they were. For instance my V3i use to give a low beep for bottle caps. Now I am getting the silent break in my threshhold when I pass over one. I even had the same thing happen with a few pennies. Even on good targets, the beep is more speratic and choppy.

I noticed that when it was choppy that the VDI was jumping from negative to positive numbers.

I have all the positive VDI checked. Do I need to turn on wrap around or what.

Can anyone help..

Thankyou
FERD

Wrap only works for correlate. You haven't given us enough information. What program , your tones , bottle cap reject, etc.

Hi Rob,

I am using the beach program. Bottle cap reject is at 2. I have not done anything with the tones. But I never did before.

Let me add this. Because of "Earl" the high tide has covered the entire beach. So alot of the sand that I use to search that was dry is now wet.
Also I went out again last night. I was doing some test digs on the silent breaks I was getting in my thresh hold. The silent breaks were coming in as negative VDIs. Well two times I did that I ended up digging a penny one time and a quarter another.

Now I now the wet sand can effect the VDI. That is why I dig everything. But these silent breaks are really screwing with me. I didnt have thes problems before.

Should I be accepting all or just more VDI numbers?

Thanks again for all your help.

FERD

When I go over iron my detector blanks.
It does seem to be working fine. That's good Makes me think the V is OK.
But I forgot exactly how I had it set up. Can't help there.
I put most of the settings back that I could remember, but I think I forgot something. I think you did.

Where is bottle cap reject set?
Is modulation been changed?
Is VCO turned on?
Did you have the tones modified before?

When I was testing the V3i I had a set of settings that would cause an error in the prototype. It happened every time I hit a certain key sequence. After resetting it I could never the detector the detector exactly set up the same way and the problem was gone.

I used a modify hi-pro because I didn't like the beach program. Accepted all targets - -95 to - 30 0 tones , -29 to +94 tones , +95 0 tone. Disc at 86 , Rx 11 or so without falsing in the salt water. Sweep 76 , Auto Trac

Recommend turning BC reject off. In my dirt any amount of BC rej. has caused zinc cents to null or break up so badly that they are easily missed. Could be a similar problem on your beach. It's a quick fix if it helps and it sure did help me. I never use that feature now.
Good Luck
John London

Thanks for the copy of your program Bubby. I wrote it down and will give it a try.

By the way. What beaches on which coast do you hunt?

FERD

Hi Rob,

I figured it out.
Well I was at the beach again last night. It started acting all chirpy again. So I started playing with whatever I could to see what it was. I turned bottle cap reject off. Still the same. I checked through all my live controls and every thing seemed to be set right.

WELL. It turns out that salt mode needs to be on in live controls (which I did) as well as the main menu (which I did not know). Which seems to be kinda redundent but I dont care. Cause it worked. As soon as I did that. It was acting great. I could crank up the Rx again.

I HAVE MY V3i BACK.

That could be confusing for some people though. I figured that if it was on in live controls that, that was it.
So you actually have to turn it on twice.

Thanks again for everyones help.

FERD

Hey FERD

I went to the Jersey Shore on vacation last week. ..that was the first time I ever beach hunted.

Bubby