Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI for gold coins

sargoguy

Just received new f75 and was wondering if anyone knows vdi numbers for gold coins....Found out old factory in my town used to pay in gold coin so I will be on the prowl to find one. Thanks for your input....

Jim

A lot of things can affect those readings, also.
$1 coins have been found lower in foil, $20 way up there in the quarter to half or even silver dollar range, all the others can be different too.
White's opinion on where they might show up.

Most of us realize Revier, that nothing is gospel in this hobby. Those VDI numbers are numbers reflected by another F 75. Pretty good starting point, I would think. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Most of us realize Revier, that nothing is gospel in this hobby. Those VDI numbers are numbers reflected by another F 75. Pretty good starting point, I would think. HH jim tn

Of course most of us realize that, the OP might not, however.
Great starting point, for maybe air testing.
In the dirt things might change.

And it varies in locations because of mineral, depth, item position, moisture and other factors.
Mainly, its just taking more time to just dig questionable signals. Guaranteed, the trash to treasure ratio will be high, but treasure will appear.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/de/9a/6e/de9a6e2c2d9e9f0620b61be908f6ff72.jpg

If your looking for gold, get ready to dig a lot. I personally don't have the patience for all that digging but some people do and eventually they usually fine gold. Your percentage go up went you've got a good history on the location like you were talking about so that might get me motivated.

Thanks so much for your replies....It gives me a good place to start and I truly appreciate it....I realize I will have to dig a lot of trash, but since I am retired I have nothing but time....Will let you know how it goes....Thanks again

Jim