Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI Pinpointing

coin hunter

Re hunted two fields with my ATP. Have been there in the past with my 1500, 2500. Using just the VDI number I pinpointed the targets just with the high 76 VDI number. It bounced from 53 to somewhere in the 60's and then once out of eight times hit 76. There was iron targets in the area also but not iron heavy. The ATP never made the high pitch coin tone being the the VDI number was to low [ 76]. I have hit targets with the 1500 and 2500 that made a one time bell tone sound and then nothing. I always said if the bell tone sound goes off there is probably something deep but couldn't get a good pinpoint on the target because of the iron in the area. Both the targets I dug were large cents no dates.One was around the early 1800's Draped head and the other was after that style. I was very very surprised to find out that the targets were large cents. Any large cents I have dug in the past with the other two machines came up as penny or ten cents. So after using the ATP for several months now I'm just using the VDI for identification of target and the deeper targets that are very iffy and erratic for pinpointing. I would post close up pictures of the coins but they are toasted. I do think the ATP does give a little more of an edge over the othe two machines.

Very good tip!
Thanks for sharing
HH
Mike