Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI Readings.

below2doe

Hi Guys,

Here in OZ (Aussie Land) the vdi of our coins are 14 for our 5 cent, 19 for our 10 cent, 38 for our 20 cent, 47 for our 50 cent, 54 for our $2 and 56 to 60 for our $1. How many coins in u,s currency fall into these vdis.

Regards Below2doe.

Our 5 Cent piece comes in around 19 and our zinc cents come in toward the mid 50's. Everything else is usually higher. At least in our modern coinage. Indian head cents will also ring in at the 50's. And our 3 cent pieces can read in the teens. Thin silver dimes can read in the lower 60's sometimes. If a target is really deep, all bets are off. It can read anywhere depending on the soil and usually will bounce a bit.

Hi there, Below2dow...down-under.

Any move towards 'iron-clad' coinage in Aus?

We will all be reverting to 'cabbages ' for coinage soon if this decline in 'value for money' system continues.

That aside; what's a cobber doing with a V3 in Minelab territories?.....I'm interested in your opinion....not knocking my respected Whites V3 and V3i....Matt

Hj Metalpopper,

Well we have more iron ore in OZ that will be around for many, many, years to come, I am glad that our coinage is not made of iron. it is so much easier with our coins made of nickle, copper, aluminium.
Well it was Minelab territory but not now as they are made off shore. Over the years they have made some great detectors and i have used many of them over time. The e-trac was the last one i have used but it did not have the capabilities of the v3i. as the v has more combinations to develop a much tighter program to make it easier to identify a given target.
The v3i has some amazing settings once you learn how to put them together. It has more moves than a chessboard.

I have had the v3 since 2009 and had it updated to a v3i and it will be in my hands until some more advanced technology hits the market place in the future.

Regards Below2doe.