Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI #

kd8alg

has anyone had any problems with the vdi numbers on the TM not being right with iron the pointer is spot on but the vdi numbers is always 50+ it can be a small nail and it will show 50+ I'm sure this not right. kd8alg

It could be false signals but it will do it with a air test or in the ground 5-6 inches with any size iron small or big on my fisher f2 big iron will show up into the 80's but small iron will be low numbers I guess I just need to get use to the new detector

I just got mine Thursday so I don't know much about it yet. I air tested a small nail just now and I was getting -51 to -43.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help I must have been asleep I did not see that minus on the vdi numbers thanks for all the help

Whites VDI number are like a clock with -95 at the 6:31 spot, 0 at the 12:00 spot and +95 a the 5:29 spot Iron is on the left side from -95 > -1 and conductive is +1 > +95
0 is salt.
Hope that is helpful to those new to whites VDI system.

As Pescadore stated, using a non stock coil of a smaller or larger size with shift the VDI number and the depth but I think that was the other thread he said that.
This machine appears to be very much a like a Coinmaster GT reboxed with a nicer screen. The operational frequency, sounds, stability of VDI, accuracy and price seem to be almost identical. Great machine for the money!

I took it out today and I think I got the vdi numbers down pat now found some clad and a 1985 gold JFK half dollar but it does not seem to ground balance like it should wants to false a lot more then I think it should.