Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI's in analyze mode

baspinall

Do you guy's get get a totally diff. VDI when you switch to analyze mode from when you are in search mode. Seems I do at times? Could just be ground conditions.

On anything but shallower targets,yes.Last time I was out, I was going to try increasing the recovery delay in analyze mode to see what would happen, but I got too busy digging instead of experimenting.:biggrin:

Unless your VDI is rock solid in search mode, the analyze screen won't necessarily match the VDI, since, I believe, it will lock in on the first signal it receives after flipping to analyse. Turn it off and then on again and you'll probably have a different VDI again. For me, audio tone is my brain's first trigger and usually just dig what sounds good with a repeatable signal. I find I don't use the analyse much anymore. I suppose I would learn the wave signs better if I did, but, if I'm going to dig it anyway....well....just dig it. I do look at the strength of the bars in pinpoint mode, mostly to avoid as many bottlecaps instead of quarters or a hint at what might be under the coil.

Quick clearing and triggering in and out, during search and analyze, really gives current and additional info fast. (Depending on what the response is from, sweep angle, large rebound etc..., info can lag,stick or be partial only.) Just look at it as another tool to clean up and freshen coil response and... pay close attention when things are first cleared. Usable info and targets can show up "in tight".

Have you ticked the 'Match search filters' box?......

EXPERT MENU

FILTERS & SPEED

ANALYSIS

MATCH SEARCH ..(Leave box crossed)

Or ENTER and do your adjustments

On deepish coins you can't expect a close match, for many reasons....If you can't exactly replicate your original Search sweep then you must tolerate differences in VDI's....

The same goes for any detector............

Hope that helps..................TheMarshall