Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

velox one

I am looking at the velox one vs the CoRe to add to my arsenal, I believe it is a pulse type machine so it should have good depth ability and better for gold and jewelry. sounds like a great overall machine, and it is the same price as the CoRe, so my question for nokta or people that have used both is why would you choose the CoRe over the velox one ? I have the minelab explorer se , ctx 3030 for all around use and the garrett infinium PI and would like another pulse type machine for beach and other situations when looking for jewelery. dfly

Velox One is an Induction Balance (VLF) metal detector operating at 17.5 kHz. It is not a pulse induction detector.

From http://noktadetectors.com/features_velox-one-metal-detector.asp

Operating Principle Induction Balance
Operating Frequency 17.5 KHz
Metal Identification Audio warning
Audio Discrimination 3 tones
Sensitivity Setting Manual
Ground Balance Manual
Search Coil 28cm (11") waterproof Double-D
Battery 8 AA Alkaline Batteries
Headphone Output 6.5mm mono
Length 121-142cm (48" - 56") extendable
Weight 1.9kg (4.2lbs) including the search coil
Warranty 2 years

I have a FORS CoRe but have never run the Velox so from a performance perspective I can't comment. My off the cuff observation though would be that the Velox is the older analog knobs and switches version, the FORS the more updated digital version. I do not particularly like the way the knobs and switches on the Velox ride directly up against the operators leg, nor am I a fan of being attached to an external battery pack by a cable. Probably a good performer though.

is that the FORS CoRe has an excellent-performing smaller-size search coil! :thumbup:

Like Steve, I don't care for the exposed and extended toggle switches and knobs on the left side of the housing, but that's because I am right-handed and they can easily get bumped. I much prefer the FORS CoRe control design, and the 4.2 lb. Velox might weight more than the 3.9 lb. FORS CoRe due to the larger size standard coil? Not sure, but I know that without a smaller search coil option, most detectors just wouldn't appeal to me because I hunt too many trashy and/or confined space sites.

I haven't seen or handled a Velox, and with the performance and coils of the FORS CoRe, I don't see a need to.

Monte

that makes sense, I use the small and the large coils on my minelabs depending on the conditions all the time, so limited coil selection is defiantly a deal breaker when picking out a detector. also looking at the makro line, it looks a lot like the cf77, dfly

oregon_dragonfly said:
that makes sense, I use the small and the large coils on my minelabs depending on the conditions all the time, so limited coil selection is defiantly a deal breaker when picking out a detector. also looking at the makro line, it looks a lot like the cf77, dfly
The CF77 is another model I have not used, but it is different. It uses a typical 'S' rod configuration; doesn't have any Target ID numeric display; doesn't have a small size accessory coil, either.

Question: Where in Oregon do you live? You can shoot me an e-mail if you'd like. monte@stinkwaterwells.com

Monte

then you are welcome to make it to our February 14th Detector Owner Rendezvous. That's three weeks from tomorrow [size=small](Saturday)[/size], and our meeting starts at 8:30 AM. You can arrive at 8:00 AM to meet folks prior to the meeting, and if you have any finds you have made since December 13th, you are welcome to bring them and enter our Show & Tell Activity.

Show & Tell Activity entrants will receive 1 Free S&T Drawing Ticket for each of the 8 categories they enter ... OR ... 3 Free Tickets for each category they come in 1st or are tied for 1st. That's right, I said we give Free S&T Drawing Tickets, and everyone who would like to be a D.O.R. attendee is welcome to enter their finds in Show & Tell. All of this is FREE TO THE PUBLIC as there are NO membership dues. Bring a family member, friend, or both and come join a group of people from the greater Portland Oregon Metro Area.

At the bottom of the attached link about the D.O.R. meeting you can print out the Show & Tell Rules and Entry Form, that way you can come prepared. At our December 12th D.O.R. Christmas Party & Luncheon Potluck we will hold the annual Show & Tell Drawings. We still haven't secured the Grand Prize, but we are hoping to have a new-on-the-market metal detector donated for that! Enter at every meeting and get more S&T Drawing Tickets. Just get out detecting often and have fun.

We also have a Metal Detecting Buddy Contact List for those who would like to have someone to contact to go detecting with them, or be called and invited to someone else's hunt site. Come and learn more about metal detectors, metal detecting 'How-To' tips and technique, get to know some people who really enjoy this great sport ... and when the opportunity arises [size=small](such as on February 14th at 8:30 AM)[/size] get to see some of the new and exciting metal detectors that are hitting the market. I'll be there with my Nokta FORS Coin & Relic detector with a presentation about it, and other makes and models that we are reading about that are out now or coming-soon.

Here is a link to the information I updated today.

https://www.ahrps.org/forums/read.php?1,3187,3188#msg-3188

We are also going to have some details available about some 'Open Invitation Outings' coming up in May that might interest you. If you have any questions, please send me an e-mail directly. Include your e-mail and Metal Detecting Buddy Contact Information, if you'd like, and I will e-mail you with more specifics about the outings. If you would, let me know what detector(s) you're using now, or have used recently, and ask anything I might be able to help with. If you'd like to be on the MDBCL, I will then update it and send you the current listing of active hobbyists who reside in.:

Aloha, Arlington, Aurora, Beaverton, Clackamas, Estacada, Forest Grove, Gaston, Gresham, Hillsboro, Milwaukie, Nyssa, Portland, Salem, Scappoose, Sheridan, St. Helens, Tigard and Tualatin Oregon as well as Kalama and Vancouver Washington.

I hope to hear from you soon, and see you on Saturday, February 14th.

Monte

Ive had the Velox...

Its more for deep searching than for trash hunting..it has big coils so its not really a unmasker...

Now it does have good depth and takes well to ground bal offset for added depth in harsh mineral...

Sort of reacts like a GMP with a large coil in that aspect...( ground bal offset)...

The CoRe is more geared for unmasking and visual I.D...and offers auto tracking true all metal etc...things more people can put to use..the Velox would be a very specific type unit..looking for low conductors deep in more open areas..

I have a Cf77 coming to test out....But I figure its a repackaged Velox..

So far I like the CoRe the best from Nokta/Makro...Hope the Racer is as good as the CoRe...and by all means hope its better...

Keith