Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

velox one

I was looking into the velox one and found several people complaining about it being very chattering no matter how the settings were set.I also read something from keith southern that the velox one was chattering does anyone else have this problem.I was going to sell my Nautilus 2b for a velox but now im having 2nd thoughts

Back in May 2014, a Field Test was undertaken for Nokta by myself.

Part of the Conclusion went as follows:
'Ground balancing as with any detector is critical and can be difficult to get right.
Not having a threshold didn't help matters - there was no audio baseline to get clues from.
The ground cancelling of this detector is not overly sophisticated. If you push the Velox One too much it becomes erratic and has to be dulled down when most operators want to run a detector flat out'.

Far as I can remember, I didn't find it "chattery"?
Maybe what others think is chatter is my instability?

Des Dunne

I guess i will hold off on getting a velox until more americans try the velox out .I don't always believe all the youtube videos as the pushers try to sell their product. I have heard a few americans that has tried the velox state that it is very chattery and chattery does not sit to well with me.

Cajundirtdobber

I bought a Velox earlier this year based on the reviews and statements I read and have been very happy with this detector. I also bought the 5" coil for the trashy areas. I have not had any issues with my Velox chattering or being unstable. Here in Utah and in the West the ground mineralization can be very bad. I generally have my ground balance set at around 4 (a few times around 7), sensitivity at 5 - 7 and iron disc in preset in parks or 5-7 else ware and do very well. I also have not had any issues with wet grass. I mostly run in just the ON position and a few times in Mineral 1. Many of the coin and coin sized targets I find are only a few inches deep due to the hard rocky soil but I have had a few items down to 9 inches or so with no problem. I'm still in the learning phase with this machine and as I get out to other areas to hunt may see a different need of settings. Overall I think this is a great machine in it's price range and should be getting more attention than it does. I bought this over the CorRe due to the fact that I don't care much for VID and the lower price point.