Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Version 4 HF 9" round and headphones, pricing?

I am reading all I can find about the new version 4 with the 9 inch round high frequency coil. If you get the remote, how critical are the Deus wireless headphones vs an after market wireless headphone with a dongle? Any speculation on the pricing?

V4.0 is a free update andf works with any headphones - wired or WS4 or WS5 or any of the aftermarket phones that accept the WS4 puck.

When the release is posted on the XP website, you simply connect your remote and follow the on-screen prompts

The HF coil and MI-6 pinpointer will only work with the V4.0 software

As far as pricing, are you in the US or elsewhere?

Andy Sabisch

HI Andy,
I am in Northern California. I am undecided on the current 9" or waiting for the HF coils. Sinc the remote offers full function programming, I was wondering if there is any downside to skipping the WS4 or WS5 and using my TDK wireless phones. Will the HF eliptical and round be the same price? Will the HF package be the same price as the existing 9" coil package. Thanks for your help.

RolandDeschain said:
HI Andy,
I am in Northern California. I am undecided on the current 9" or waiting for the HF coils. Sinc the remote offers full function programming, I was wondering if there is any downside to skipping the WS4 or WS5 and using my TDK wireless phones. Will the HF eliptical and round be the same price? Will the HF package be the same price as the existing 9" coil package. Thanks for your help.

Roland you may experience a delay with that set up. I say that because I noticed a delay with both the Rapoo and Deteknix 2.4 ghz wireless set ups when plugged directly into the remote. I tried that when my WS4 failed and found the delay on a fast recovery machine like the Deus was noticeable , especially when you are used to it working correctly. I think it's because the coil is transmitting to the remote and then the second wireless has to pick that signal up and again transmit it to the receiver of the headset. Your TDKs may not delay but I think they are just like the other 2.4 ghz units I mentioned. Better set to avoid the WS4 or 5 is to get the wired backphones from XP and plug them directly into the remote and put it in your pocket or the belt holder if you don't want to mount it on the machine.

sprchng said:
RolandDeschain said:
HI Andy,

Roland you may experience a delay with that set up. I say that because I noticed a delay with both the Rapoo and Deteknix 2.4 ghz wireless set ups when plugged directly into the remote. I tried that when my WS4 failed and found the delay on a fast recovery machine like the Deus was noticeable , especially when you are used to it working correctly. I think it's because the coil is transmitting to the remote and then the second wireless has to pick that signal up and again transmit it to the receiver of the headset. Your TDKs may not delay but I think they are just like the other 2.4 ghz units I mentioned. Better set to avoid the WS4 or 5 is to get the wired backphones from XP and plug them directly into the remote and put it in your pocket or the belt holder if you don't want to mount it on the machine.

I didn't like the sound of either the WS-4 or 5. Instead I got the Garrett Z link and Jolly Roger headphones and the setup works and sounds great, with absolutely no delay at all. Much happier this way.

XP will not offer the HF coil as a package . . . the only way to buy the HF coils will be as an accessory so if you are looking at an HF coil you will need one of the Deus packages currently being sold and add the HF coil.

As far as your wireless headphones, you will see a lag which is why the wireless detecting phones do not use the same technology

Andy

Andy,
Great answers. I must say that I am disappointed that there will not be a HF coil package. I don't understand that reasoning from a marketing standpoint. Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

Yea that's crazy I've been waiting to buy one tell the update so I wouldn't have to buy two $400 plus dollar coils! !!!Now I don't even want one really really disappointed right now! !!!!!!!

XP is already backordered on the HF 9" coil as an accessory so how would you expect it be available as a package? They already have multiple options available and adding the HF coil to the mix at this time would make for a logistical nightmare.

They had never stated that there would be a HF package available so if rumors started that understanding, XP should not be help culpable.

Down the road that may change but the same thing happened when the 11" coil was released and there has never been an 11x13 coil package

Andy Sabisch

The update is based off having the new coil so why would I buy a new one to only get a few features. You wouldn't buy a car that you couldn't use the cruise control on unless you bought special tires.CRAZY

Not knocking the company. I've owned a xp before and loved it! !!That's why I'm so disappointed right now. But if it changes in the future I'll pick one up not a grudge just bummed out.

What's that line in the Ricky Nelson song . . . . .

[attachment 342651 Ricky.jpg]

How about if XP would have released a Deus II and charged you for the new functions?

Guess what the big draw has been to-date . . . you buy a V1.0 and get updates to V2.0 an d V3.2 at no charge . . . so I guess to give you an HF coil package at the expense of the 10.000's of existing users would be justified in your mind?

Not at all I even said if it changes in the future I'll get one. I feel like I'm not being unreasonable and understand supply and demand. I'm just saying That I was surprised considering coil cost that it wasn't initially a option and hope in the future it will be so I can (Buy one)not bashing just hoping for financial understanding for potential future customers interested in trying the update without having to buy a additional coil at the time of purchase.

I mean no disrespect to you Andy Sabisch and have great respect for you and this forum hope this isn't misunderstood as trolling as this isn't my intention and will drop the matter.Once again I really respect your investment in this over the years.

Roland I use the tdks with my remote all the time they work great and sound almost the same as the ws4s. I assure u is not a delay. Only thing is u need a small inline volume control to plug into the remote because the headphones jack is recessed into the remote a bit so dongle will not fit. I just use velcro strip on dongle and on back of remote and boom awesome setup.

Check out Minelab CTX 3030 or GPX / GPZ coil prices . . . . and they do not offer you in essence a second detector . . . . . more money and less functionality

XP has offered more than any other company ever has yet still receives more negative comments that is warranted