Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Version 5.2 (Problems)

cookie58

I tried to download the V 5.2 with no success. Turned off McCaffee firewall and anti-spam. Then Windows defender would not allow. Is the 5.2 worth the trouble. MI-6 is working fine. I think I have decided if it aint broke don't fix...…..Any comments as to why this download maybe worth any extended efforts? Thanks......

To me the way I hunt I do not notice much difference I killed the finds with v4.0 I'[ve just downloaded the 5.2 I have to give it more time.

I haven't bothered. I'm on 5.0 and everything works very well. I don't use the XP pinpointer, so that's not an issue . I am of the same mindset as you are...if it ain't broke.....

Of course, I don't know what I don't know. Does 5.2 make the machine perform better? Perhaps. I have yet to hear anything compelling from anybody stating that case. Maybe somebody will chime in and state why going to 5.2 is advantageous other than it makes the pinpointer work better.

I'm a bit gun shy to jump on any updates (without convincing feed back from other users) after my experience with the first Equinox update. The Nox update totally changed the "personality" of the machine (not for the better, IMO) so I changed it back to the original version. The problem is that the update changed the way the Nox "behaved" permanently even after going back. So, IMO, there has to be some pretty compelling reasons to update if the machine is already performing well.

My wife would say that I'm getting old and don't handle change well anymore:blowup: !

Dean

Which coils are you running. The HFs are linked to 4.0. The 5.2 was developed to quiten the LFs. and runs the x35. No effect either way on your MI6. Unless you have issues with the LFs, you're fine.

LTimedigger said:
Which coils are you running. The HFs are linked to 4.0. The 5.2 was developed to quiten the LFs. and runs the x35. No effect either way on your MI6. Unless you have issues with the LFs, you're fine.

Thanks for that confirmation. I remember reading what you just stated. I've only been running the HF coil lately and 5.0 seems to work just fine.

Dean

5,2 uploaded with minor difficulty, was definitely worth the effort. must follow directions exactly on this download. 1st outing in spot me and partner hunted out last season,found 8 flat buttons and bullets. really shocked by this result. free updates is why i chose xpdeus ,use hf head and deus fast mode. my partner uses garret at max, deus beats at max most days. both are great relic machines.

triple e said:
5,2 uploaded with minor difficulty, was definitely worth the effort. must follow directions exactly on this download. 1st outing in spot me and partner hunted out last season,found 8 flat buttons and bullets. really shocked by this result. free updates is why i chose xpdeus ,use hf head and deus fast mode. my partner uses garret at max, deus beats at max most days. both are great relic machines.

Would you please expand on how it changed things for the better for you? Does it handle EMI better, more stable, etc.. Thanks!

Dean

Thanks for all of the information. And, triple e please do tell us more. I primarily use the 9" hf with calabash digger's program in version 4 and sometimes the factory hot. These programs have been productive and I usually relic hunt. Ah. I just love having the coil to the ground. A beaver tail has thoughts, dreams of history, and all kinds of potential before you actually see it.