Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very hard decision to make

C.J.M.

Well, my health is getting worse have had (9) major surgeries and look like I may be headed for # 10 as my right hip is getting worse,have had several back fusions,neck fusion ,complete right shoulder replacement , colon -diver diculiticous operation,gastric -bypass now my right Hip is the one that might bring me down :eek:I have three detectors left they all bought NEW and most used a few times except for the new Nokta simplex .I have a Fisher F-2 and a Fisher F-5 they are all in perfect shape the simplex has never touch ground ,but has been bench tested and coin garden tested.Guys I am between a rock and a hard place as to which one to keep.Would appreciate some feed-back:thumbup:

I'm sure sorry to hear of this. Sounds like you've had your fair share of surgeries for sure . I'm wishing you all the best on this next one. But I'm going to let those with more experience answer your question. But I'm wishing you all the best.

C.J.M., this boat is getting a bit crowded. Small boat and none of us move around very well and without discomfort, but t least we can all enjoy the same discussions about getting old and falling apart. Over the pat 20 years I have kept trying to thin down (referring to my detector outfit) and I'll thin out a few and add one or some back in, back-and-forth. After cervical spine surgery and fusion two years ago and the other accompanying health issues then and since, I'm finally down to a select number of favorite detectors. Still have a lot to sell, but among my current regular-use team of units are two you have, the Fisher F5 and Nokta / Makro Simplex +. Those two models, along with an Apex, Vanquish 540, Silver Sabre µMAX and XLT comprise my selection for typical day-to-day Coin H& Jewelry Hunting tasks.

Some have particular applications I grab them for, such as the Tesoro for quick work in tot-lots. The others? I enjoy them all with the search coils I have mounted, and that also is something to factor in. The detector and coil need to make a comfortable balance and feel to enjoy using them, and that detector & coil team need to work well for each of us and our applications. For example, the Apex currently has the stock 6X11 DD mounted but it will soon likely keep the new 5X8 DD attached full-time. My F5 keeps the round 7" Concentric mounted full-time, and my main-use Simplex + sports the 5X9½ DD. All of these balance well and work well for the places I can still get out and put in some hunt-time at. If I forced myself to try and pick only one of the three, like you're doing, I could ask others on various Forums, but in the end it isn't their opinions that should really make my decision.

Ask yourself about which one has the better coil mounted, then perhaps get a batter soil for your hunt needs and check it out. Then, consider how often you can get out detector, and for what duration of time, and then get a notepad and jot down what you are looking for in balance and performance and anticipated results. Then, use each detector exclusively for several hunts then go to a different model and do the same. In your notebook jot down the length of time you hunted, the type of site and results. Also any pros and cons you experienced using that detector. Finally, look at the results that YOU experienced and noted and, from that, trim down to what you feel will keep you in the game a little longer.

Just some suggestions that I use as I slowly thin-the-herd. Monte