Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very unusual find tonight with my Compadre..3 gold rings!!

deliveryboy

Just kidding :rofl: just had to joke with my newly made friends I found tonight hunting "AZWIP" .

Truly though I went on a night hunt with my Compadre and found 2 fellow detectorists and forum members. Talk about a small world and a coincidence to hit the same park at the same time lol. Was great talking to you and meeting you Ron. Together we will dominate the southwest.

I left with about $2.00 in clad not much more, hope you did better.

Anyhow what better find can you ask for than some friends with the same hobby and all 3 of us are Tesoro fanatics as well!!

Wow. What are the odds? Very cool indeed. So does this mean that we detectorists are "creatures of the night?" :yikes:

Now as to swinging at night... this does bring up interesting possibilities.

How many here have participated in night swings?

How practical is it and is there any advantage other than avoiding the oppressive heat of the summer?

Do you get rousted by the authorities for suspicious behavior...?

I have wondered about hunting at night on occasion. Seems that with a good headlamp there would be no real disadvantage.

and as we all know.... NO SWING NO BLING

Yeah here in AZ you gotta go when the Summer weather is tolerable. I enjoy it personally cause less people approach me with questions, especially with my neon speedo :p :rofl: j/k

Also I maintain a very low profile only using the light on my Propointer when I'm probing. After a few minutes in the dark my built in night vision gets a bit more sensitive and pinpointing with the Tesoros is so precise I can track pretty much by sound alone. The Compadre and Lobo have white coils so that helps a bit also. Parks with lights are just a bonus until 10pm cutoff.

I enjoy the walks at night just cool quiet and relaxing.

Yes, AZ has it special challenges. I lived in YUMA:hot:. No daytime activies after about 11 AM. May - Sept are just plain dog days. After that it's beautiful weather.... When I lived in Prescott Valley it was a tad better. More elevation.

TabMagnet said:
Yes, AZ has it special challenges. I lived in YUMA:hot:. No daytime activies after about 11 AM. May - Sept are just plain dog days. After that it's beautiful weather.... When I lived in Prescott Valley it was a tad better. More elevation.

cool maybe I'll have to come down to Yuma and hunt with you someday :) I bet around the prison there is much treasure to be found, I love checking out that museum when I go down there.

deliveryboy said:
TabMagnet said:

cool maybe I'll have to come down to Yuma and hunt with you someday :) I bet around the prison there is much treasure to be found, I love checking out that museum when I go down there.

I moved back to Florida to help out family. However, as you are aware... when you dig in Arizona you pay your dues... caliche sometimes its like digging through bedrock or worse. The prison is very cool, I have lots of photos from inside the museum. The grounds around it are pretty hard. The Colorado River just below it is a favorite swimming location for the locals and I bet a water unit would do well there. If I get back that way I'll give you a shout. I still have things in storage in Yuma... so I have to return at some point...lol

My Silver Umax arrives Monday. Let the fun begin.

Very cool I would love to hunt Florida as well lol you will have a blast with the Silver I think today I'll use mine on my hunts, the Compadres are getting a bit spoiled :) Definitely hit me up when you return :)

Howdy again Deliveryboy, yeah, was great meeting you last night, too funny, so many parks out here, small world is right. Lol.

Yeah, did about the same, in terms of clad, found one spill that kept me busy for a few minutes lol, each time I thought I was done, nope, lol.

BTW... love the subject header, too funny, but, believable! Lol!!!

Yup, night hunting is pretty much all I do, just too darn hot otherwise. Have not been rousted yet, 3 years so far, lol, no need for the headlamp, just the LED of the ProPointer. I think you can focus more at night, less noises as well. For me, pretty much a night owl anyways, I prefer the night to the day, regardless of temps. Just relaxes me more.

Deliveryboy, definitely looking forward to hunting with ya, see you soon amigo.