Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very, Very short test of my Simplex+

Architex

I have a test garden buried 2-1/2 years ago. Black mild soil, good moisture.

Clad quarter 12 inches. Field mode, ground balanced (49), full sensitivity......... good hit and accurate vdi.

That wasn't what I just experienced a few minutes ago. It would hit my 11 inch quarter but not a good VDI.
It also hit my 10 1/2 to 11 inch nickel and dime but no vdi and it wasn't loud at all with the volumes at max.

On shallower targets I had to turn the volume way down, they would knock your ears off.
I going to ground balance again and give it another try.

It is a heck of a detector for the money.

My quarter was hit in field mode and would not get vdi until I ground balanced.

Mine will hit all my coins, even a 12 inch dime. But on the 10 to 12 coins no VDIs except for the 11 inch quarter, and it wasn't accurate.
I just tried ground balancing several times and 86 was the lowest I could get. Ground balance was mainly 90s.

Most detectors have a VDI cut off point. A high tone that whispers is always a digger! Could be deep treasure!

All these posts and what is being reported makes perfect sense. The detector is the same, the soils are different. The amount of mineralization will affect the depth and numbers on all detectors.

I already know what my first request to Nokta will be with this - if it is possible through an upgrade. Variable tone set points. I would like the high tone to start at a higher VDI for my coin hunting here in the USA. Even better would be the ability to notch in a high tone for nickels too. Or even a four tone option. Alright, maybe I'm getting carried away here...

I already know what my first request to Nokta will be with this - if it is possible through an upgrade. Variable tone set points. I would like the high tone to start at a higher VDI for my coin hunting here in the USA. Even better would be the ability to notch in a high tone for nickels too. Or even a four tone option. Alright, maybe I'm getting carried away here...

They already have that upgrade its called the anfibio........:)

amcoins44 said:

Yes, I would say you're definitely 'carried away' on early requests. The Simplex[sup]+[/sup] is a definite winner in both the 'entry-level' and 'mid-price' range. I'm still waiting for the shipping and tracking info for my own Simplex[sup]+[/sup] to arrive and I am already impressed and excited to get this affordable and versatile detector in-hand. With an MSRP of $299 and a MAP price close to $250, it's hard to believe all the design strength and features this new detector provides us. If anyone wants to get extra adjustment functions, well, they are available on models that are in the upper-end of the price range as we view it today.

I'm here in the USA and I do put in some regular urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting, especially during the late fall through winter months as I can't access my favorite Relic Hunting sites. And I have been enjoying this great sport for enough decades to appreciate some of the adjustment options we have on some detectors .... but I also learned long ago that they are not all necessary for success. Also, there will be trade-offs between models that are competitive in a price range so we need to pick-and-choose what suits us best. Variable tone assignments are available on detectors, but not always needed. And most offerings have a high-enough tone for the higher-conductive US coins.

Personally, I am absolutely fine with 2-Tone audio or a 3-Tone audio operation on most detectors I own and use My Nokta CoRe and Relic and Makro Racer 2 all provide me a 2 or 3 audio tone choice and serve me well, as does my XP ORX. I was never thrilled with a 4-Tone or 5-Tone option on other detectors, to include the Nokta Impact, Tek. T2's, or Nokta / Makro Multi-Kruzer or Anfibio Multi. In all those cases the 3-Tone o 2-Tone modes get the job done as designed. In the lower-cost Simplex[sup]+[/sup] price range I do have a Fisher F-44 that provides me the ability to assign the 4-Tones to any of the notch segments, and it is a fun detector to have on-hand as I use it mainly for friends and family or as a 'loaner-unit' when needed. The advantages it has are a nice selection of search coils and I keep a 7" Concentric mounted. It has a variable back-light and Iron Audio Volume control. It works, ... BUT, it doesn't work like the Simplex[sup]+[/sup]. The new detector is submersible, has more notch segments [size=small](for those who like notching)[/size], allows quick mode change, and has a better processing and response time in iron trash.

The Simplex[sup]+[/sup] is a well-featured model that was intended to target the so-called "Entry-Level" market, which is does, and sets a new mark for others to tray and challenge. Nokta / Makro provide us a wide array of more featured models to choose from, and at their higher but affordable price they do provide the extra adjustments you're wishing for. As for me, I love 'simple' yet 'functional' detectors, and the new Simplex[sup]+[/sup] is a perfect example of giving anyone that choice, especially a beginner or novice who can benefit from a simpler adjustment detector to use and learn by. But, as Nokta / Makro explains, it is "impressive enough for the expert." Well, I have to agree because I am in that category and the Simplex[sup]+[/sup] design certainly is an impressive device.

They have provided several models that give you the extra features you're asking for, and I wouldn't expect those to be provided on a model at this price point and build quality.

Just enjoy a Simplex[sup]+[/sup] for what it provides us.

Monte

You guys are referencing your ground balance numbers as if they tell how mineralized the ground is.

On my Nokta Impact that number dictates the TYPE of ground you're on, NOT the amount of mineralization.
The bars show how mineralized the ground is.

0-25 Wet salt or wet alkali
25-50 We salt/alkali covered in dry.
50-70 Normal
70-90 Magnetic

Is the Simplex different?