Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Veteran Discount

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Rick {lytle 78} asked an honest question so I pursued it a bit and here is a link with the answer https://www.minelab.com/consumer/where-to-buy/where-to-buy/current-promotions
HH
Jeff

" This discount is not available in conjunction with other special promotions or individual dealer concessions. " aka this comes out of the dealers pocket

I pre-ordered my Equinox 800 on the 27th of November from Kellyco and had absolutely no problem with the sales person giving me a 15% veterans discount with proof of my honorable discharge.

"D"

just a thought but why not make this a sticky this questions comes up often , so can I broker a deal then get 15% of that price?

AJ

amberjack said:
just a thought but why not make this a sticky this questions comes up often , so can I broker a deal then get 15% of that price?

AJ

From what I was told Minelab USA will extend the veterans discount off of their retail selling price, to all honorably discharged veterans. That's the way it was explained to me....:shrug:

"D"

Obviously as a buyer........ do i care who sucks it up? Now as a shop........ if im sucking it up, im just as likely to give the same discount. If ML is paying...... that leave room for the shop to still negotiate this type of discount to everyone. Win for everyone. Was this given to Vets overseas as well?

the problem with the way its being implemented is that is useless and only a "feel good" discount. I have been getting more than 15% off MAP from every dealer I have dealt with since I began buying. So for ML to offer this "discount" that can't be combined, isn't coming from ML's end of the deal, and only comes off the MAP price, it's useless. As a 22 year vet I'd love an additional discount, but everyone can already get more without offering up DD-214

In this situation the Vet discount is a good deal. I agree that for less “in demand” models, it isn’t such a good deal.

Anybody who gets a dealer to knock 15% off of MAP on an Equinox anytime in the next 6 months will Be very lucky Dealers have folks standing in line eager to get one and pay full MAP - in advance even.

Until the “pipeline” is filled and initial demand/enthusiasm is satisfied - a dealer would be nuts to give a discount. Impossible - no - likely - I doubt it.

Rick........ yes i see your point about the machine being VERY popular, but id be amazed if dealers didnt give a similar discount. .....known as the family and friend discount lol. I dont remember ever paying full price for a detector. this one may be different. So does it just sound good to say Vets get a discount?

If I should decide to get the Equinox or any other Minelab detector I will talk to a dealer that I have done business with in the past and let him tell me what the straight scoop about the Veterans Discount actually encompasses.

He is a man that is Honest and I trust him to give me the best deal possible just as he has in the past He is also a very likable individual and I have had the privilege of being in his home and he and his wife made me feel more than welcome.