Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vibra Probe 580 Security Mod

Tin Fin

Not sure the photos are the right size - this is my first post with photos in it. If you can't see the images, let me know, and I will see what I need to change.

The other day, I was snorkeling and lost my Vibra Probe 580 due to current action while I was swimming - lesson learned - So, I decided to configure the sheath and probe handle in such a way so this will not happen again.

Parts needed; the probe, the sheath, hook-and-loop Velcro-type material, and a pony tail hair rubber band.

Put the loop material on the handle of the probe. I cut it so it wraps around once, and they are flush at the seam. Sew the seam together (mark at least one edge with white, it's easily lost - I don't have photos of the marking, because I didn't do that step - that's how I know it's easily lost). Put the hook part of the Velcro on the sheath so it lines up with the loop part of the Velcro; stitch it in place too. I used the glue-backed Velcro, but it's not for underwater use, thus the need for stitches.

As a secondary safety, take the hair rubber-band, and stitch it to the sheath as well. I decided to stitch it lower on the sheath, so the upper part pulls against the recess of the knob. That way, if the Velcro ever doesn't do it's job, you will likely still have your probe in the sheath. No photo of this is here.

Just thought this might save some people their probe when water hunting - or give you some ideas for something similar.

I never use the sheath for that very reason.

The probe is securely slipped under the web belt I wear to carry my finds/trash pouch at just below chest level.

In rougher conditions I would recommend a tether to yourself somewhere or perhaps your finds/trash pouch.

I'm not new to diving, but haven't used and underwater detector before - so I'm learing those kinds of points Cupajo.