Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer Review

Suncoast Kid

This is the Vibraprobe 580's bigger brother. After using it for a while, this is what I consider to be the performance for the Vibra-Quatic 2 in a saltwater environment. First of all, the 2" tip seemed large at first, but after using it, it seems to be fine considering it requires some movement (a slow sweep speed) over the target. The tip does not get in the way of finding the object, even the smallest of ones such as ear rings, 3mm lead split shot, or the same size piece of aluminum foil or can slaw. The sensitivity is very good, I got 1/2" on the above very small targets. That's acceptable, if it falls through the sand scoop, it's going to be close to the surface. The tip is durable and can be pushed around in the sand until the target is identified. 1 1/2" on a dime, 2" on a quarter, and up to 4" on larger objects. That's all the depth I need in a pinpointer. It does not turn off automatically like the 580, but I prefer that as it is easy to turn off when you are done. I use it while hunting underwater with my Excalibur II, and since most targets are recovered just from pinpointing with my detector, the Vibra-Quatic only comes out when a very small object needs to be located. Super long battery life, even using NiMH rechargeables. I'm happy with it, with no complaints whatsoever. HH

Thanks for the post. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a waterproof pinpointer. That 2" tip gives me some pause but I guess you can always back off the target a bit to be more precise.

Can you talk a bit about how the tilt on/off works.....?

I think it has a mercury switch that activates it. You just point it up for about 3 seconds and the light will blink, it will vibrate twice, and a dim light stays on to indicate it is on. You can leave it up and it will stay on, or point it down. Once it has been pointed down, if you point it up for about 3 seconds the light will blink, it will vibrate with two long vibrations and the light will turn off, indicating it is turned off. It's good to a depth of 100 feet. Runs off one 9V battery.

Thanks, SK. That's exactly what I was looking for. If I get back into scuba, I can see one of those in my future.

I just bought one myself . I used it to recover targets more quickly because I found a beach that was giving up silver coins. It was very difficult to use a scoop because of the size of the rocks. So I would pinpoint with Excal then kick rocks to get close. I would then put mask on and go down with the pinpointer to retrieve target. Long story short I like it.