Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vibraprobe for SCUBA

Overvoltage

Has anyone used a Vibraprobe Vibra-Quatic 2 for SCUBA and detecting or is it unnecessary extra gear? I have a CTX3030 that I have moded with better o-rings that I plan on using up to 30ft deep and an Infinium LS for deeper water. I really like using my pinpointer on dry land but is a PP helpful under water?

Just snorkeling here, but generally speaking I don't think a PP is usually much of a help. But if you have some tiny something that keep slipping thru your scoop and you are as anal as me about not leaving a good beep behind, they can save you a lot of time and frustration. (I use the Garrett Carrot and the VibraQuatic2).

Good luck in the scuba hunting!

No scuba hunters going to chime in on this one?

KinTN said:
Just snorkeling here, but generally speaking I don't think a PP is usually much of a help. But if you have some tiny something that keep slipping thru your scoop and you are as anal as me about not leaving a good beep behind, they can save you a lot of time and frustration. (I use the Garrett Carrot and the VibraQuatic2).

Good luck in the scuba hunting!

Scuba-detectorists do not use scoops.

I think a VQ would work great. I give my personal experience, but my 2nd-hand VQ failed and I haven't sent it in for repairs yet. The concept is the same for land use, you keep hand-fanning your hole bigger but the detector keeps signaling so you want to know if its in the side, in the middle or why the signal disappeared and now where the heck did it go?

I had a lot of problems with mine wanting to float out of the holder and it was kind of a PIA that one dive I tried to use it, but it could just be something you have to get used to using.

Geez, did you not read the part about my experiences are all snorkel and NOT scuba? Or was it the rush to attempt to ridicule someone again that caused the brainfart misdirection?

Of course scuba folks fan the bottom MOSTLY. fyi, a quick search on youtube will turn up people using handscoops while scubaing. So apparently you DONT know everything,

KinTN said:
Geez, did you not read the part about my experiences are all snorkel and NOT scuba? Or was it the rush to attempt to ridicule someone again that caused the brainfart misdirection?

Of course scuba folks fan the bottom MOSTLY. fyi, a quick search on youtube will turn up people using handscoops while scubaing. So apparently you DONT know everything,

WTF crawled up your skirt and died? You can';t handle a single statement that doesn't praise your post? GFY

edit- oh, now I know who you are. You posted a theory about the CTX and I said your theory was wrong and then you exploded as if I had just attacked your children, parent and grandparents with a single word. Not only did you exploded about me saying you were wrong, you also went off screaming because I ONLY said you were wrong and didn't write a 5000 word essay to explain why you were wrong.. Here's a quick tidbit for you... I don't know you and I don't care about you. I don't care if you are mad or happy with my posts so get over yourself, I posted here to help someone asking about the vibra-probe. I'm done wasting time with you

It looks to me like it would be handy if I were detecting in mucky silt but for most areas just fanning and rescanning would work just fine. I am trying to stay minimalist while diving and don't want any extra equipment if not necessary. I may get one to try someday but am not sold on it as a necessity right now.

vibra probe is one of the best tools while you are detecting and scuba diving. i use mine all the time and to try to find small ear rings and stuff it is really handy. i dive in lots of muddy bottom lakes and i really need to use it all the time to find coins and other stuff you are looking for and it really saved a lot of time when you are using tanks and are limited of how much air you have left. well hope this helps and have a good day.

georgefrombc said:
vibra probe is one of the best tools while you are detecting and scuba diving. i use mine all the time and to try to find small ear rings and stuff it is really handy. i dive in lots of muddy bottom lakes and i really need to use it all the time to find coins and other stuff you are looking for and it really saved a lot of time when you are using tanks and are limited of how much air you have left. well hope this helps and have a good day.

Have you had problems with your VP wanting to float?

Jason in Enid said:
KinTN said:

WTF crawled up your skirt and died? You can';t handle a single statement that doesn't praise your post? GFY

edit- oh, now I know who you are. You posted a theory about the CTX and I said your theory was wrong and then you exploded as if I had just attacked your children, parent and grandparents with a single word. Not only did you exploded about me saying you were wrong, you also went off screaming because I ONLY said you were wrong and didn't write a 5000 word essay to explain why you were wrong.. Here's a quick tidbit for you... I don't know you and I don't care about you. I don't care if you are mad or happy with my posts so get over yourself, I posted here to help someone asking about the vibra-probe. I'm done wasting time with you
Hahahahahahaha! I must sincerely apologize for getting you that upset. I usually have more tolerance for people that think they are always right and that everyone should believe them because of it.

Anyway, hopefully you've learned that you need to back up your opinions with facts or with reasoned ideas. Distorting what someone else posts is in no way helpful. Just posting what you've 'always heard' or even found to be true in your detecting time really doesn't convince anyone unless backed up with some particulars, contrary to what mommy may have told you. People may actually hunt ocean beaches differently than those in Oklahoma. (you DID learn that some scuba folks use a scoop, no? or is your world still intact?)