Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video: ATX Buried Targets Test w Gold Nuggets and a Nickel

bearkat4160

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGaH1ckivwI

This is your best video yet about the ATX, very informative, I was very surprised at the depths achieved by this detector on the 7 gram nugget as well as the 2 grammer. Thanks for the test.

Yes, as my note in the video said...these depths were achieved by not ground balancing...or very little. Ground balancing to perfect level resulted in less depth, but it does show the potential of this machine.
Not on video was me using the non-motion mode to get that extra depth even while ground balanced pretty good. Just playing with it a bit...

To ground balance the machine to a bit of a hot level, just keep it about 1.5" - 2" above ground while doing the pump. To get it right on ground balanced, pump it right down to the dirt or a 1/4 inch above ground.

Bearkat

Is your "hot" GB setting more positive than the fully balanced setting (by positive, I mean you would get a threshold increase when you lower the coil the rest of the way to the ground)?

Also, you don't show any sweeping of the area around the nuggets. Is this hot balance setting usable in terms of actual detecting or is there increases return from hot rocks and ground variations?

Yes the positive gets a little increase in threshold when going toward the ground. You can hunt in this hotter mode...sounds kinda like a VLF going accross the ground. If one is used to that, then one can handle it.

I swept the ground a little and it made a little noise (I thought I did it in the vid), but the other problem was there was junk all over the place setting off the detector. You could hunt in a hotter ground balance especially out in the middle of no where. I do that a good bit...just to get that little extra...

That is a great video bearkat4160.

That took a lot of effort to show us how well the ATX runs down their and I want to thank you very much for it.

Your down to earth narrating in your ATX videos you recently posted have shown/taught me more about this machine than I have seen anywhere else to this point.

This is "exactly" what I was looking for (the nuts and bolts of how this detector runs and what settings to use).

Actually this isn't a great video but an outstanding one bearkat4160 and my hat goes off to you for stepping out of this "Cloak and Dagger" enviroment that the ATX has been kept in.

Just what I'm looking for (personally) to make my decision in purchasing one. I don't know much about the PI Machines, but you sure taught me a lot through the ATX videos bearkat4160, thanks so much for that. (now I'm excited, lol)

:)

Well thanks NightCrawler for the kind words...I just like doing these videos for you guys and really like my new ATX!
More to come...

Bearkat

Thanks for the video......

The icing on the cake would be sweeping from a few metres out so that we can compare any ground or threshold noise and then as you hit the target zone, what is the target response then ?

One way audio responses are nearly always ground noise.

Maybe you could show it next time.

Thanks again,
Tony.