Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video: GPX 5000 vs Infinium

bearkat4160

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2XgiKNOKW4

Hi interesting video,OK i will bight.I cannot tell you anything about the Infinium but with the gpx a point 1Gram can be picked up at 1'' to 2'' using a 11 mono commander . To run fine gold you must put it in special on the front panel ,then place it in fine gold on the back led panel .Try that and you will find a difference put the infinium away for a few days and just use the gpx .Then try the same tests again.

The question that gets asked several times is if it is worth it to spend the extra money on a GPX 5000 to find gold an Infinium will miss. The answer of course depends on the person but for me the answer is yes. I will be spending most of the summer prospecting with a metal detector. I will be doing some serious patch hunting, and when I put my coil over the ground in most cases it will be my one and only pass over that chunk of ground with a detector. My time is valuable and I can't put a price on that one and only chance at getting a target. I can't afford to be using anything but the absolute best option possible.

Thanks for the tips Iron Bark...definately more complicated than my Infinium...

Steve, that is a great point...passing over ground in a once and only situation...might as well use the best...(if it is set up properly) would help...:blink:

I am actually a huge Infinium fan see Garrett Infinium at Moore Creek, AK I have done very well with the Infinium both on nuggets and jewelry.

The main thing lacking on the Infinium unfortunately is a large coil option. I am hunting farily deep ground and the GPX with an 18" round mono coil is my current go-to option. The lack of coils alone limits the Infinium where maximum depth is important.

Can you do a test with the target at different intervals in the ground? For instance try burying the target at the deepest possible point where the infinium can pick it up and then rebury it at the deepest possible point where the GPX 5000 can pick it up. Im curious what the difference would be in the ground. People say that air tests are not accurate for PI units so perhaps that's the issue. I do not own either detector but I am leaning towards the GPX 5000. This video had me thinking but perhaps with another test in the ground I may decide for the infinium.

Thanks!

This might be one of those times when descriptive numbers might help.

I own and use both up in the northern motherload area(Sierra county). I really like both of these machines for
different reasons. From my experience if you want 80% of a GPX 5000 for 20% of the cost of one.....buy an Infinium (bonus-water proof!).
If you want the very best (dry detecting) get the GPX5000. It's heavier, very expensive but the best!

Note: There are some situations that you would not have much if any advantage with a the GPX 5000 but most situations you would have some.

Cheers,

Tye