Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video of the F75 LTD vs LTD2 Disc. Mode

FindandDetect

Today I did a short test of the two head to head on the same targets in the ground (they've been there for almost a year). I might do an AM test to see if there is any difference because I'm seeing some talking about loss of depth in AM for the LTD2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_X_JICjJ-k

Very nice comparison. Definitely would like to see an All metal BP comparison. Might want to try a frequency shift on the regular LTD. Thanks for taking the time and sharing.

Did the frequency shift before the video to find the best results on both machines. At my house I get terrible EMI. My V3i also hates my house but the frequency mostly affected is the 7.5kHz. I went out when it was dark last night to test the AM and didn't see a noticeable difference in results but I'll still make a video to show. I'll probably do it after work.

new one is a bit hotter and 9.0 hottest. That's what I saw too. My AM on 12/14 replacement was normal.

Great video! Thanks for sharing. On the non-upgraded version the gain increased when the discrimination was set below 5 or higher than 19. I always ran the discrimination at 5 or slightly above to quieten down the detector. Is the gain set up the same way on the upgraded version?

tabman

FindandDetect said:
Today I did a short test of the two head to head on the same targets in the ground (they've been there for almost a year). I might do an AM test to see if there is any difference because I'm seeing some talking about loss of depth in AM for the LTD2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_X_JICjJ-k

Interesting ........... Do the Id numbers ever settle down ???

Now when you say "gain" are you saying gained depth by increasing discrimination? Before upgrading I too would set the disc to 5 to quiet some chatter. As for depth increasing with more disc I did not get those results, on either machine. I've heard people stating this when doing air tests, but unfortunately I'm not seeing it in real world scenarios. Now that I think of it when I was trying it I was in booste mode so I may try again in Default/other modes after work (2pm central time). The LTD2 however doesn't need to be discriminated to 5 to make it quiet.
-HH

[/quote]

Interesting ........... Do the Id numbers ever settle down ???[/quote]

At those depths my v3i is less stable unless I'm in deep silver mode (2.5khz) which is about on par. My minelab excal in discrimination mode would null pretty much all the targets Except the nickel and ih penny (it really loved the nickel).

tabman said:
Great video! Thanks for sharing. On the non-upgraded version the gain increased when the discrimination was set below 5 or higher than 19. I always ran the discrimination at 5 or slightly above to quieten down the detector. Is the gain set up the same way on the upgraded version?

tabman

I don't think that the new F75s have any gain increase with disc.below 5 or above 19.

I read that switching from version 9.1 to 9.0 would make the updated version operate like the old F75 LTD did before the upgrade. If that's true, then there should be a gain in the sensitivity when the discrimination setting is lowered below '5'. There has to be a reason for there being a 9.1 and 9.0. I just haven't got it figured out yet, because I haven't had much time to test due to the snow and rain. All that I know for sure is that I really like the F75 LTD2 better. It's runs a lot quieter and the ID numbers lock on better. I don't like running a detector that's noisy. Whatever they did I can run a higher sensitivity without it getting chatty and that will give me more depth.

tabman

FindandDetect said:
Did the frequency shift before the video to find the best results on both machines. At my house I get terrible EMI. My V3i also hates my house but the frequency mostly affected is the 7.5kHz. I went out when it was dark last night to test the AM and didn't see a noticeable difference in results but I'll still make a video to show. I'll probably do it after work.

Frequency shift won't save automatically like the rest of the F75 settings if you shut it off and turn it on again. Regardless, your video really shows how well the DST works. The ten inch quarter between the two was really surprising. Have you tried swapping coils to see if that could make a difference?

Finally a comp.....yes, like digs said about swapping coils. I would also love to see an all metal comp. Thanks for the video F&D.

Good video, maybe if you ground balanced the older F75 it may of had a different response. But I see the newer one is a little better . Thanks for the video. GS

GroundScanner said:
Good video, maybe if you ground balanced the older F75 it may of had a different response. But I see the newer one is a little better . Thanks for the video. GS

FindandDetect said:
It was already ground balanced. And each coil performed the same. Another video is being uploaded now in AM.

GroundScanner is correct about the ground balancing... Each time the F75 is turned on a ground balance is needed...
In the begining of the video, no ground balancing was performed when the original F75 was turned on... Thanks for the video information as it demonstrates the full capabilities of the flame throwing F75...

Robert

You might be taking the manual to literally. It says when the detector FIRST turns on it will have a preset of 90 (like right before you take it out of the box). This is also true when switching from 9.0 to 9.1 or vise versa on the LTD2 or even when you display it when turning it on (Like I did when I switched machines, which was why I had to ground balance). But if you ground balance... turn off the machine and back on, the machine will still be at the same ground balance. The ground balance for my test garden is 54-56 for both LTD and LTD2. I know because I've done it so many times Lol.

FindandDetect said:
You might be taking the manual to literally. It says when the detector FIRST turns on it will have a preset of 90 (like right before you take it out of the box). This is also true when switching from 9.0 to 9.1 or vise versa on the LTD2 or even when you display it when turning it on (Like I did when I switched machines, which was why I had to ground balance). But if you ground balance... turn off the machine and back on, the machine will still be at the same ground balance. The ground balance for my test garden is 54-56 for both LTD and LTD2. I know because I've done it so many times Lol.

I stand corrected...

Was thinking of my first F75 (non boosted or upgraded)... This particular unit didn't have any memory about any settings after being turned off...

New (to me) upgraded F75SE remembers everything... Including ground balance...

Robert

Not sure what to make of this video. The numbers and the tones were all over the place on both detectors. I've been using an F75 LTD for almost 4 years now. And it is a good
detector, but I've nick named it the Chatty Katty because it is a noisy machine. I've learned to tame it using less sensitivity and such.